Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management and strategic advisory firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Delaware, Frankfurt, London, New York, North Carolina, San Francisco, Singapore, Southern California, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 44 countries and territories and are served by over 800 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
The Trade Support Analyst is responsible for daily maintenance, integrity, and accuracy of all aspects of the Trading Support process between Brown Advisory and its counterparties. Daily tasks include handling matters related to inbound and outbound trade communication files, trade fails and breaks, and collateral management; responding to ad-hoc requests; responsibility for and maintenance of work queues; and reviewing data from various internal and external sources. The Trade Support Analyst is responsible for the daily execution of all aspects of the Trade Support team in collaboration with other colleagues both within and outside of the team.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Organize and address global trade settlement and fail matters based on priority via daily fail reports and daily trade breaks for various security types including equity, fixed income, derivative, mutual fund and currency related security types.
• Research root causes and take appropriate action to communicate and resolve trade exceptions and breaks with internal and external counterparties.
• Responsible for the daily processing of Mutual Fund trades and overseeing the accurate implementation and execution of mutual fund trades. Make quick and accurate decisions under strict targets and deadlines.
• Responsible for the execution of requests that are received through the team queue.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the firm’s collateral management process.
• Produce metrics and review activity within systems, participate in peer-reviews, present trends and analysis to management, and escalate as necessary.
• Proactively take ownership of accurate completion of the team’s daily trade notification process with brokers, custodians, and interested third parties. Escalate and address issues as necessary while leading efforts to mitigate future risk.
• Proactively identify operational risk and contribute to an improved operating environment by proposing and implementing best practices through collaboration with internal and external resources.
• Maintain a strong understanding of the effect that changes in trade and other data elements have on portfolio performance and be sensitive to these changes.
• Possess knowledge of both security characteristics and market dynamics and how these entities impact the client experience.
• Proactively lead and contribute to firm-wide and departmental value-add projects and initiatives in addition to general responsibilities.
• Proactively analyze key work drivers and identify opportunities to reduce manual exception rate through various methods, including automation and other technologies.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of team goals.
• Regularly communicate to Manager and colleagues the status of ongoing projects, tasks, and daily responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of demonstrated success in financial or business operations field required.
• General knowledge of the complete trade life cycle.
• Demonstrated analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude for numbers and quantitative proficiency.
• Strong research, problem-resolution and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven ability to liaise with colleagues to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
• Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a very fast-paced, fluid team environment.
• Ability to successfully work under pressure with multiple deadlines and a sense of urgency, and escalate as necessary and expeditiously.
• Possess client-first mentality; demonstrated flexibility and strong follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion.
• Ability to work in an office location
• Ability to comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid proficiency in and understanding of exchange-traded and marketable assets and possess strong knowledge of market mechanics.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
• Prior experience within a Trade Support or Trading organization.
• Proficiency and familiarity with equities, fixed income, derivatives, mutual funds, collateral and/or currencies.
• Experience with CTM, ALERT and the SWIFT network.
• Advent APX and/or Charles River experience.
• Strong presentation skills.
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
• Wellness program participation incentive
• Financial wellness program
• Gym membership discounts
• Fitness event fee reimbursement
• Corporate gym membership discounts
• Colleague Assistance Program
• Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
• Adoption Benefits
• Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
• Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Paid parental leave
• Group Long Term Disability
• Pet Insurance
• 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job : JR557
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10