This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The role of every Information Security team member is to support the overarching values and business goals of Costco Wholesale as they relate to meeting legal, ethical and regulatory obligations; protecting member’s and employee’s privacy; and maintaining a security technology environment for our operations. The Threat Intelligence Engineer provides threat information to help identify threat actors and methods; to enable IT solutions to build effective controls against these threats; provide situation awareness to incident response; run threat assessments for high risk events (zero-days); support proactive incident hunting in Costco Wholesale systems; advises on matters related to policies, standards and procedures; and mentors team members with lesser subject matter expertise. The Threat Engineer develops, leads and monitors the Threat Intelligence Program.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Identifies and assesses internal and external cybersecurity risks that threaten the security of Costco business operations.
- Develops and formalizes effective threat identification and assessment processes, including maintaining playbooks for obtaining, monitoring, assessing, classifying severity, and responding to evolving threats and vulnerabilities.
- Develops, maintains, and updates a repository of cybersecurity threat information that may be used in conducting risk assessments and reports on cyber risk trends.
- Conducts research and evaluates intelligence data, with specific emphasis on tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Turns threat information into actionable intelligence by integrating related Indicators of Compromise (IOC) into SIEM operations and incident response strategies.
- Correlates threat data from various sources and analyzes network events to establish the identity and modus operandi of malicious users active in or posing potential threats to Costco Wholesale.
- Develops and documents Threat Intelligence procedures into Playbooks.
- Ensures that Threat Intelligence documentation is comprehensive and accurate.
- Works closely with various international Information Technology teams, state agencies and 3rd party vendors to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives, and activity of cyber threat actors.
- Identifies, develops, and implements mechanisms to detect security incidents and report on key metrics.
- Identifies and improves security incident detection and monitoring capabilities.
- Provides management and the IR team with a contextual snapshot of the Incident Response team challenges for multiple uses by the team and management.
- Participates in the assessment, analysis and design of solutions for the Threat Intelligence Program.
- Provides leadership to develop the Threat Intelligence Program as the subject matter expertise.
- Provides mentoring and training on tools and processes to the Threat Intelligence Team and partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years’ information security experience with a focus on threat intelligence.
- High degree of ethics/confidentiality required and may be required to pass security screening.
- Ability to provide accurate analysis that minimizes bias and error.
- Ability to develop processes and tools to effectively share actionable intelligence information.
- Rule correlation evaluation and development experience highly recommended but not required.
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly team focused environment is required.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics.
- One or more professional security certifications such as CISSP (or equivalent).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with link analysis and data mining tools like Maltego.
- Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors