When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Cyber ThreatIntelligence Analyst will be responsible for performing advanced cyber security analytics to uncover patterns, trends and insights from large-scale disparate global datasets. Other responsibilities include:
- Working to develop timely, practical, and value added threat intelligence focused on cyber and voice analysis.
- Transforming data into digestible insights and communicating those insights to peers and customers.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure systems and IP based telephony (i.e. PSTN and ISDN PRI, TCP/IP) to include: routers, switches, voice, and digital telecommunications/communication.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to undergo an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-up, and follow through with commitments.
- Ability to work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for complex queries using advanced functions and formulas to include charting, pivot tables, and pivot reports.
- Experience with command-line interfaces (Unix and DOS shells).
- Experience with interpreted programming languages (e.g. Perl, Python) and relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with big data platforms such as Hadoop, Splunk, SAS, and R.
- Experience with packet analysis, network forensics, or reverse engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to provide input into existing analytic platforms to include developing functional requirements and product roadmaps.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Ashburn, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors