About the job
An internship within the Information Technology (IT) department of Waters Technology Corporation provides an opportunity for current undergraduate students to gain training, real-world experience and mentorship by working with industry professionals on high priority initiatives. In this paid and full-time internship, you will help to shape the future of the company and its technology transformation. You will learn about our company’s market, products and culture while driving and participating within IT projects/programs that support business objectives and our overall mission. Throughout the internship, you will receive performance feedback and mentoring, build business/technical acumen and develop skills that will serve as the foundation for your professional career.
- Focus on building professional relationships and become a trusted technology advisor to leadership, stakeholders, team members and peers
- Work within the Information Security team to understand priorities and procedures
- Learn to operate effectively within a corporate security environment
- Review incidents and respond using defined playbooks
- Identify vulnerabilities and assist in assignment for remediation
- Perform remediation scans
- Define, document and analyze vulnerabilities and incidents
- Propose and communicate decisions on a wide-scale
- Curate and create documentation and reference material
- Build reports and collect information that support data-driven decisions
- Support other strategic projects and initiatives as assigned by manager
- 0-1+ years in information technology or information security through academic and/or professional experience
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited university or college
- Strong interest in technology
- General knowledge of vulnerabilities, operating systems, applications, networks and malware
- Experience with incident response and vulnerability management tools
- Exposure to different aspects of cloud environments and servers
- Capacity to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, people and processes as well as changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills when in-person and virtual
- Attention to detail and organized
- Ability to solve complex problems within a team and independently
- Proficiency in presenting your ideas, analysis and plans to small and large audiences
- Able to take creative approaches to resolving challenges
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
intern, internship, technology, communication, organizational structure, international business, mis, information systems, office, agile, project management, critical thinking, Business Analysis, Data Analytics, Communications, Project management, Document Management, Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Excel, vulnerabilities, operating systems, applications, networks, malwaremalware
- Address Milford, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5