As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with the Bruker BioSpin Americas Team. The Senior Technical Support Engineer provides advanced knowledge of Bruker BioSpin technologies, site planning requirements, product installation, and servicing that is recognized both locally and internationally. Responsible to guide customers, Americas Service Group Team members and other Service Engineers through ongoing technical challenges and issues and provide continuous system technical support to customers (via site visits, phone/e-mail/WebEx) for complex and routine needs.
- As part of a team, will guide Americas Service on the installation of complex high value life sciences equipment and systems (such as MRI, UHF, DNP) from point of sale to final installation and customer satisfaction survey while ensuring all projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet high quality standards
- Provide Project Management training and mentoring for AMER Service Team
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Monitor project progress continuously and prepare detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables while communicating proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and contractors and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Act as a key liaison between the customer and the Bruker factory and service team to drive customer satisfaction and process productivity.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues, which might affect customer satisfaction and Bruker operational targets.
- Work cross functionally with sales and services teams while owning the project management and implementation process for Bruker BBIO-SLS.
- Provide technical project guidance to both customers and service engineers nation-wide by phone and e-mail for highly complex and daily issues.
- Build and maintain superior working and scientific technical knowledge of the various products in designated specialty to be able to advise others and/or resolve difficult problems.
- Complete progress reports and other required documentation timely for all installations and services conducted.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5-8 years of related project management work experience
- Project Management Professional (CAPM/PMP) certification required
- Lean 6 Sigma preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical communication, organizational, and presentation skills, including fluent English, and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Track record of excellent customer service communications skills and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated capability, willingness, and interest to learn sophisticated scientific technology is required.
- Proven ability to train, mentor, and develop employees.
- Advanced interpersonal and customer service skills with proven ability to coordinate with all parties in a timely, professional, responsive, and courteous manner.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training requirements.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and international travel.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is a federal contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption, as a condition of employment.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Req. # 2021-9679
- Address Billerica, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10