About the job
We believe the way we manage energy and water will define this century. By joining the Itron team, you can help ensure these precious resources are available to future generations. Are you up for the challenge?
Maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the sale. Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations (CRM) with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s). Works with various departments to meet maintenance services sales goals. Works with customers and/or distributors to receive accurate account of product failures and provides reports to management. Focus of work may be in pre-sale or post-sales or both.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with our customers over Phone, Email, or Chat.
- Work independently with strategic direction from supervisors, contributing to strategic and tactical team planning.
- Focused on Service Level Agreements, quality work and timely responses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly complex problems.
- Install, maintain and administer system operations, networking, software and equipment.
- Investigate product and process related problems.
- Develop solutions to hardware, software and process related issues.
- Create and maintain product and internal department and training documentation and files.
- Contribute to current and future product development to ensure customer issues are addressed and changes to product do not negatively impact the customer. Advise management on approvals for new product or update releases.
- Provide assistance in the design, development and maintenance of various system applications.
- Train internal employees and customers in configuration, troubleshooting and use of products.
- Prepare briefings, reports, presentations and evaluations on system efficiency and utilization.
- Participate on the beta phase of product development teams.
- Implement solutions for customers (install, configure, test, train, customize)
- Work as a borrowed ‘Technical Consultant’ for Delivery revenue projects, required travel, remote project support along with current support responsibilities.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Basic SQL Database experience including DBMS and queries (MSSQL and/or Oracle).
- Basic understanding of networking (load balancing, firewalls, security, certificates)
- Basic Utility (Electric/Water/Gas) business/metering/product understanding
- Basic understanding in debugging/programming (especially with MS .NET and C#)
- Proficient Microsoft Windows Client/Server OS knowledge (for upgrades, certificate info, security, IIS, etc.)
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, gender expression and pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, mental or physical disability including medical condition), genetic information or other status protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5