About the job
The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for installing and supporting standard and nonstandard desktop hardware and software technology (computers, printers, software, etc.). This position will be responsible for supporting our user’s computer needs, troubleshooting computer related and peripheral, audio visual systems, conference rooms, and other duties as assigned.
- Receives and accurately records details of problems called into the Help Desk to include status and resolutions to problems.
- Coordinates the operations within the television studio and responds to any issues (Internal training on broadcast systems will be provided).
- Handles PC setups and configurations in a timely manner.
- Documents nonstandard configurations and installation instructions.
- Installs desktop computer hardware and software including upgrades.
- Provides first and second-level support in the following areas: PC software applications, desktop hardware, network, and data communications; maintains skill level sufficient to provide such support.
- Troubleshoots standard and nonstandard desktop hardware problems and coordinates the repair with the appropriate vendor.
- Handles support for all internal/remote users and ensures they have the proper PC set up and functionality to do their jobs.
- Communicates with System Support Specialists and the Help Desk Manager regarding the status of projects; escalates any issues to the manager.
- Handles promotions within the ActiveBatch / Computer Operations environment (Internal training on these systems will be provided).
- Provides afterhours support on a 5-weekly rotation for both the helpdesk and computer operations teams.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented
- A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
- 3+ years of PC troubleshooting experience.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software environments and related systems.
- Must be able to interact effectively with end users.
- PowerShell experience is a bonus
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5