Ecolab is committed to rapidly accelerating our pace of digital innovation by helping our customers overcome real-world problems around water safety, energy conservation, food security and healthy environments. As part of this strategy, Ecolab is providing an exciting opportunity to join the Food & Beverage Division as a Principal Electrical/Systems Engineer.
The individual in this role will work collaboratively with RD&E, IT, Commercial Digital Solutions and Food & Beverage business teams to deliver digitally enabled customer facing solutions to better serve our customers, drive productivity, increase efficiency, improve sustainability, and ensure food safety. Responsibilities of this position include: identifying global customer needs, capturing and clarifying application requirements, assessing technical feasibility, managing development, executing field tests, creating specifications and performing technical design transfer.
What you will do:
- Guide project teams and business teams through the development process
- Translate key customer requirements to technical design requirements
- Design, develop and implement solution strategies to meet customer and design requirements
- Execute new product development projects according to solid project plans and project management principles (scope, timeline, milestones and risk-based decision making)
- Create communication plans and maintain strong communication channels with global project teams, business stakeholders and development partners
- Negotiate project priorities, resources and budget with cross-functional leaders
- Act as primary interface between RD&E, IT, Commercial Digital Solutions and business teams
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on automation and digital development best practices
- Collaborate with technology delivery teams to ensure technical dependencies are prioritized
- Partner with sales and service teams to merchandise solutions and drive engagement / adoption
- Understand field and customer user experiences to be able to make informed decisions
- Create specifications and technical documents (assembly procedures, wiring diagrams, installation instructions, operation manuals, user guides, etc.)
- Build deployment plans to ensure installation, service and support resources are sufficient
- Liaise with business and technical support teams to transfer and manage knowledge
- Network with internal experts, technology partners and vendors to search for new and different approaches to solve customer problems
- Coordinate with technology anchor teams to research and investigate early innovation ideas
- Take personal ownership of employee safety standards and operate accordingly
- Guide new Product Development Phase Gate activities by seeking out global customer needs, understanding application requirements, and managing the development, field testing and global launch of new offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in research, development, engineering, or digital / technology related environment
- 2+ years multifaceted project management experience
- PMP / PMI certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience with equipment design, creating and managing equipment specifications and manufacturing design transfer
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or other computer-aided design software
- Experience in working with PLC programming, sensors, and HMI design
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills are essential
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Strong leadership presence with ability to influence and empower others
- Self-starter with strong initiative and personal accountability
- Naturally curious and willing to learn and adapt to new fast-changing technologies
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $12 billion and more than 44,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. You will be asked for proof of your vaccination status. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job ID: R00154068
- Address Eagan, MN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10