Patrick Industries Corporate IT Team is growing and hiring an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Department. In this role, the Systems Engineer will employ a Customer First Focus while working to maintain and improve the company’s hardware, systems, and other computing equipment with an emphasis on ensuring the reliability and security of the system at all times.
Patrick Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of components products and building materials serving different industries throughout the United States including RV, Manufactured Housing, Industrial and Marine segments. With locations in 23 states and 11,000 Team Members, Patrick is a Company with a strong network of meaningful relationships with our brands and customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains and creates technical documents and knowledge base information; documenting actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Perform onsite visits to perform deployments, enhancements, and maintenance
- Install and maintain infrastructure throughout the organization
- Collaborate with vendors, engineers, and consulting services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software
- Monitoring the system’s performance, maintenance, and upgrades as required.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer-related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Expand or modify the system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
- Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects
- Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Secures information systems by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation as well as completing back-ups
- Works with business units to select, implement, and maintain systems relevant to the operations of the company
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- The candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in a corporate environment with supporting systems
- Experience in the following are mandatory;
- 3+ years’ experience in the field of cloud computing
- CI/CD systems
- SysOps is mandatory
- Scripting skills requirement (shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Candidates with experienced in the following are preferred;
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Storage Concepts
- MS System Center
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012r2/2016/2019 (certification is encouraged)
- Microsoft Exchange (2016, 2019, O365)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SANs (EMC and NetApp preferred)
- Experience with scripting is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Linux administration is a plus
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot and have strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Work effectively and independently on multiple complex activities and projects
- Strong analytical skills are required as well as the ability to think creatively to find solutions for issues that arise
- The ability to effectively multitask and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Industry certifications are a plus
- Candidate MUST be able to travel 5% of time for training
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Insurances, Paid Vacation, 401K Match, Holidays, Health Club, and Tuition Reimbursement
At Patrick Industries, BETTER Together is our commitment to being our best while striving to bring out the best in one another as we join forces individually, as teams, with our Business Units, with our Customers, our communities, and within our entire Patrick family.
Patrick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary Offer $68000/yr to $119000/yr
- Address 107 W Franklin Elkhart, IN, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10