About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to drive change for IBM and its customers? Love working with cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams? Embark on the journey with us in the Network Tools and Automation team with IBM Cloud IaaS where we own and operate a global microservice platform for the Network. We are looking for a highly skilled Systems Engineer with both Linux systems administration and networking experience to drive greater visibility and automation in our global network infrastructure, which plays a key role in IBM’s ability to be responsive to our clients and to act with speed and agility.
We are looking for talented, ambitious and dedicated engineers who have a passion for improving the way our teams work by analyzing and delivery security requirements, creating automations and services that can match the demands of our global Cloud.
You will be faced with a great challenge of scale: the infrastructure you work on and enhance is used to solve business problems involving millions of data sources. You will be challenged to deploy and operate services and automations leveraging a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies. If you’re a talented Linux systems engineer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered in a DevOps environment, and understands the importance of personal accountability then we would like to talk to you.
Responsibilities Might Include But Are Not Limited To
- Responsible for digesting security frameworks (NIST, FedRAMP, …etc), analyze our solution and produce and deliver remediations
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and remediating security related requirements
- Responsible for all aspects of management, improvement, and support of the microservice platform’s Linux based infrastructure
- Assist other teams in engineering highly scalable solutions for new and existing services
- Provide feedback to architects regarding any issues that present themselves
- Manage multiple projects with various priority levels and timelines from start to finish
- Act as escalation point for internal support departments in resolving a wide variety of customer facing issues regarding environment deployment, service issues, and technical questions
- Consistently meet deadlines for complex issues and new projects involving multiple teams
- Demonstrate best practices in all aspects of administration
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
- Continuously stay abreast of new developments in supported operating systems to ensure consistent compatibility with established infrastructure
- Must collaborate with other departments to resolve complex issues and be detail oriented
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of applicable experience with Linux systems in a production environment
- 8+ years of experience in One of the Programming Languages (Python/Golang prefer. Java or other languages is fine)
- 5+ years of experience with Rest API development using one of the of framework (Flask/Django/Gin etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Event Driven software architecture and development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Distributed Transaction Management in Microservices (Saga pattern)
- 5+ years of experience developing distributed system using SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL or Cockroach DB) and No SQL (Mongo DB, Cassandra etc.)
- Strong understanding of universal network services (DNS, HTTP, LDAP, DHCP)
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to deploy and configure environments
- Understanding of security thinking in service and operating system configuration
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Understanding of various security frameworks (FedRamp, NIST)
- Understanding of basic network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge
- Very strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution
- Exposure to Kickstart
- Experience with microservice orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift, HashiCorp Nomad)
- Experience with time-series and document databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Experience with message buses (e.g. Apache Kafka, NATS)
- Experience with key-value stores and service discovery mechanisms (e.g. Redis, HashiCorp Consul, etcd)
- Experience with secrets storage tools (e.g. HashiCorp Vault, Thycotic)
- Experience with Golang development
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. KVM, XenServer)
- Experience with compliance regimes
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors