Under general direction of the Assistant Director and/or the Business Systems Manager, the Systems Analyst works with internal users to define system requirements, ensures timely and efficient manufacturer software release installation; implements technological solutions; performs project management for Information Technology related projects; and may design, encode, test and debug, and implement programs and/or user-defined modifications.
This position is an experienced-level classification requiring the ability to analyze and solve routine to moderately-high complex problems both independently and in a team environment. Knowledge and/or field expertise is applied to perform a variety of third-level technical and analytical services for new technology solution implementations and modifications of existing solutions, databases, interfaces and related technology.
- Provide technical advice and consultation to employees to ensure efficient computer utilization, including but not limited to, providing third-level support to internal city users to define technical and operational requirements, and providing assistance and problem resolution, monitoring, troubleshooting and system analysis for various systems and/or applications.
- Prepare written documentation on systems on procedures to include, all requirements, implementations, standards, and changes.
- Provide technical direction and implementation on optimizing standard processes in relation to end user business process needs and requests.
- Coordinate the customization, integration, and testing of software solutions.
- Manage upgrades and smaller projects, as needed.
- Identify user and business needs, as well as problems, and apply technical knowledge to develop creative, logical, and effective solutions, in efforts to advise users on alternative solutions, feasibility and implications. Collaborate with peers on problem-solving, brainstorming, projects and troubleshooting, as required.
- Evaluate databases, interfaces, applications and/or systems for improvements, possible modifications, and security risks.
- Plan and develop third party systems deployments; coordinating with users to define system requirements, manage security of operation and application software, and advice users in developing data and system security.
- Engage with third-party support vendors regarding hardware and software maintenance, support and warranty information
- Assess the need for repair/replacement/upgrade of system hardware, operating system software, and software systems and/or applications.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, software, equipment, and systems.
- Perform project management duties for technology projects, including project planning, change management, resource management, and documentation management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration with Information Management focus, or a related field; and two (2) years’ experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst or Programmer; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two (2) years of experience implementing, administering, and supporting applications and or systems in a business environment. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical application and operational requirements. Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, managers, appointed and elected officials; and ability to work in a team environment and/or to work independently. Ability to attain ITIL Foundations Certification within 12 months from date of hire. Ability and willingness to provide on-call support for 24-hour operation systems.
Five (5) years of experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst or Programmer; and minimum of five (5) years of experience implementing, administering, and supporting applications and or systems in a business environment. Database management using Microsoft SQL Server and/or DB2. Intermediate to expert knowledge of programming and query languages T-SQL, RPG, CL on the System I, or other languages. Administration of applications including Microsoft SSRS, LaserFiche Document Imaging System, and/or various municipal focused Enterprise Information Systems such as CentralSquare Naviline products, Inform Public Safety, CSDC Municipal Court products, or others. Knowledge of desktop PC applications, Microsoft Active Directory network environment, and working knowledge of PC hardware. ITIL Foundations Certification.
Drug Screening: Due to the safety and/or security sensitive nature of this position, individuals shall be subject to pre-employment or pre-placement drug and/or controlled substance testing as outlined in City policy.
- Salary Offer $71,136.00 - $88,919.00
- Address College Station, TX, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10