This position is part of an IT infrastructure team primarily responsible for Windows Server administration, global virtual desktop (VDI) support, and VMWare administration. This position required strong automation skills utilizing PowerShell, diagnose and resolve problems quickly, and solve complex IT issues.
- This position will have primary responsibility to support Avnet’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for the Americas and AsiaPac, both on premise and in Azure.
- Responsibilities will include provisioning virtual sessions and assisting VDI users with connectivity issues.
- Provide x86 server hardware support, VMware support, Windows Server support and cloud support in Azure.
- Requires strong automation skills utilizing PowerShell, diagnose and resolve problems quickly, and solve complex IT issues.
- On-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Hands on experience with automating system administration tasks with scripting tools. PowerShell preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 through 2019.
- Comprehensive understanding of VDI concepts, especially for VMware Horizon.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with data protection and backup technologies. Experience with Avamar, Networker and Veeam preferred.
- Experience deploying servers in virtual environment. VMWare preferred.
- Familiar with Azure IaaS and cloud-based services.
- Experience with on call production support.
- Experience building, maintaining, and troubleshooting physical server hardware. HPE ProLiant DL servers, Cisco UCS blades, Dell and Lenovo preferred.
- An understanding of converged infrastructure technologies is necessary. Cisco UCS preferred.
- Familiarity with enterprise security information and event management (SIEM). QRadar preferred.
- Familiar with storage technologies including fiber channel and network converged technologies.
- Familiar with networking layers, concepts and protocols (DNS, DHCP TCP, as well as firewall concepts.
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor’s or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
This position will have access to ITAR product and therefore be authorized to access product. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
Job ID : JR-006852
- Address Chandler, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10