Full Job Description
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified Senior Security Architects to join our Network and Edge Group (NEX) group. The NEX group drives new product technologies from high-end processors for data center networking for enterprise and the cloud, to Internet of Things (IoT) devices for home and industrial applications.
The Connectivity Group (CG) within NEX develops datacenter, cloud computing, communication infrastructure and intelligent connected device platforms. CG is a trusted, innovative design team of scalable performance computing through IP and products that fuel Intel’s growth in Datacenter and Communications markets. Our mission is to efficiently deliver leading general-purpose CPU, segment specific and custom designs that meet our quality, performance, schedule and cost commitments.
This SOC Security Architect will be responsible for securing the future of Intel’s data center and networking products. In this role, you will cover security on an architectural level and implementation level. You’ll join a small team of highly motivated Security Architects where your contributions will make a difference. You will collaborate with our global engineering teams and work on architecture definition for security features, research into security related topics, and more. You will be responsible for writing specifications, analyzing, and reviewing the security stance of product design and implementation, with focus on hardware and firmware. If you are similarly passionate about leading edge technologies, then we want to hear from you.
CG seeks a candidate with a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality secure designs.
In this role, your daily agenda will be anything but ordinary. On a regular basis, your Responsibilities will include:
- Research, recommend, specify and document SOC security requirements, architecture, and features
- Define security mechanisms used in hardware, firmware, software protocols, including compliance to industry and government standards
- Design, develop, and analyze overall platform architecture and partitioning between hardware and software to meet use cases and workloads in terms of performance, scalability, manageability, reliability, and security requirements
- Perform risk assessment including threat modeling and planned mitigations
- Define technologies required for next generation security architecture and working collaboratively with HW, FW and SW organizations to bring to fruition
- Perform implementation reviews (RTL, firmware code)
- Employ security engineering know-how and provide mentorship on secure design and coding to engineering and marketing teams
- Take part in all phases of Secure Development Life-cycle (SDL), including secure design review, security requirements definition, and audits
- Participate in and lead customer meetings on security topics, translating customer requirements into platform security architecture encompassing hardware, firmware, software, SoCs and other components
- Leads architectural governance and decisions related to product technology and platform tradeoffs as part of a cross functional architecture decision group
- Support System Architect for technical interface to customers and to the product development and validation teams
- Explore and analyze the state of the art in embedded security, specify innovative and disruptive security solutions and be involved in intellectual property processes in the field of security
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related field of study
- 6+ years of experience in security product development
- 6+ years of experience in the architecture and/or design of ASICs/SOCs
- 6+ years of experience working with common security methodologies which could be hardware, software, or firmware
- Experience with access control architectures, virtualization technologies, security aspects of SOC debug and trace architectures
- Experience with cryptographic algorithms, security protocols and standards
- Experience in performing HW/SW threat analysis and security/risk analysis
- Experience in computer architecture: CPUs, SOC, chipsets, BIOS, firmware, drivers, and others
- Experience in Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) activities
- Technical leadership and inter-personal leadership skills
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here.
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors