About the job
BlackBerry Government Solutions is headquartered in Washington, D.C and guides BlackBerry products through FedRAMP and Agency/Component Authority to Operate (ATO) certifications, as well as oversee the mandated continuous monitoring and maintenance of BlackBerry FedRAMP cloud services.
BlackBerry. Intelligent Security. Everywhere.
BlackBerry Government Solutions (BGS) is seeking a full-time System Operations Specialist to work within the Washington, DC area. The U.S. Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team within BGS performs security incident monitoring and response, hunting for threats, and technical implementation and support of security tooling and applications for BlackBerry products in FedRAMP cloud environments. FedRAMP requires that cloud solution providers continuously monitor their FedRAMP environments, meet stringent reporting requirements for all incidents, rapidly address known security weaknesses documented in Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM), identify and document new and evolving risks, and provide Federal customers with quarterly reports and annual assessments.
You will work within the CSOC team to ensure the integrity of all security and network tools is maintained. You will provide technical support and consulting services on all IT related matters for CSOC, including laptop and desktop hardware, peripherals, and mobile devices, software, and infrastructure systems. You will be responsible for patching, maintaining, and upgrading applications and tools within the BGS IT environments and subnets to meet and maintain compliance with NISPOM and DoD. You will periodically support CSOC in maintaining the security posture of the FedRAMP environments, analyze event data collected by CSOC security tools, and generate specific recommendations with respect to vulnerability and required solutions to mitigate them. You will generate specific recommendations on system, security tool, and process changes that will enhance the overall security of the FedRAMP environments being monitored.
The position will also provide ad hoc training on application use and various internal process and procedures as well as assist in providing periodic report, inventory management, and other administrative tasks, as needed. The successful candidate must be capable of providing optimum customer service to a wide variety of users through professional commitment and dedication. This candidate must also be able to adapt to change and learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment.
The System Operations Specialist will be responsible for responding to multiple vulnerabilities affecting CSOC applications and tools. This role involves a strong technical and analytical background, as you will need to be able to discover, assess, and convey the potential impact and risk of security vulnerabilities applicable to the existing or proposed FedRAMP environment.
- US Citizenship required.
- Operations and maintenance of the BGS IT network.
- Support the BGS FSO to maintain compliance of the BGS IT network with NISPOM and DoD requirements..
- Provide remote and local technical support to end users..
- Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms: Linux, Windows, and Mobile Devices.
- Provide support for multiple enterprise applications including email, calendar, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet browsers, as well as specialized department-specific applications..
- Familiar with network configurations: LAN, WAN, wireless, and VPN.
- Provide support for users who work at home, travel, or work from a remote location..
- Remotely troubleshoot local and networked printers, including multi-functional copiers.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software application conflicts..
- Familiarity with Azure cloud-based solutions and support of same.
- Ability to manage and support SSCM, Active Directory, Microsoft O365, as well as expertise in Windows 10, VMWare, CommVault and NetApp,.
- Provide confidential support as directed by the Director of BlackBerry Government Solutions (BGS).
- Open and close service requests, as well as manage the classification, assignment, tracking, and completion of requests..
- Help identify and implement innovative solutions for customers..
- Ensure that resolutions are consistent with company standards..
- Work with BlackBerry corporate IT as needed for BGS needs..
We are looking for individuals 1-3 years of experience with the following skills & qualifications:
- Knowledge of Cloud, Windows, and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Knowledge of maintaining an IT environment for cleared facilities, NISPOM, DoD.
- Certifications such as, MCSE, VCP, Security+,Network+,CCNA are a strong asset.
- Familiar with basic network concepts (e.g., TCP IP, Windows Networking, Ethernet).
- Analyzing data and drawing appropriate conclusions, then recommending changes.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or a modified schedule to support planned activities or emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
- Outstanding customer service and people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
- Initiative-taker with an aptitude for learning.
- Ability to work in teams and in a team environment..
- PKI knowledge is Plus.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Address Washington, DC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5