About the job
**** Direct Hire ****
- Remotely support server clusters: installations, configurations, upgrades, and repairs for internal or external customers. Some travel may be required in support of team goals.
- Interact with customer IT Depts to identify system requirements. Drive Infosec discussions/workflows to ensure forward movement on installation goals.
- Provide remote technical support to FSEs troubleshooting system failures.
- Perform customer software upgrades.
- Support inter-Departmental team activities.
- Maintain regular, frequent communication with internal partners ensuring resolution leading to customer satisfaction.
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as providing timely and accurate installation and support requests.
- Provide relevant customer information updates to internal partners in support of BNG goals.
- Provide technical feedback and design suggestions for product improvement.
Corporate IT Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage all aspects of Network, Storage, Linux and Window’s server maintenance from operating system installation to patch updates on a timely basis. Will work on and assist all phases of systems administration including definition, design, implementation, and testing.
- Supports Cloud services, which include Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and AWS.
- Manages file systems with quotas, monitoring tools, archival/cleanup practices and configuration to provide tuning recommendations regarding systems performance. Works closely with other technology teams for the deployment, configuration, system requirement validation and support of multiple services.
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services, managing projects from conception to completion.
- Experience with Active Directory and multiple flavors of Linux.
- Highly experienced in networking with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Linux servers in Data Centers.
- Strong Technical problem-solving skills in TCP/IP networking and Virtual Networks.
- Familiar with network switching, routing, firewalls, proxy servers and packet filtering.
- Experience with DNS, HTTP/S, SSL infrastructure, SSH, DHCP, NFS and SMB protocols.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring NFS, XFS, EXT4 and Raid file systems.
- Experience with PostgreSQL/NodeJS applications.
- Experience with network routers, switches and Firewalls.
- Experience with network security and AWS cloud security and services.
- Knowledge and proficiency in developing scripts, using Bash, Korn, Perl, Python or Java.
- Experience with SVN, GIT and other repository technologies.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite: Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and automation of those tools.
- Familiar with SGE and Slurm HPC environments, AWS, Singularity and Docker containers.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting desktop and server hardware.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills with the ability to quickly hone requirements for addressing customer needs.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team while remaining capable of performing independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel in Domestically and International region up to 20% to include overnight stays.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor‘s degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science preferred or 4+ years of relevant experience.
Minimum 4 years supporting IT environments.
- Address San Diego, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10