Provide systems engineering to design, implement, maintain, and secure the company‘s systems across 80+ sites in North America.
Leadership and Direction
- Perform work under very limited supervision requiring the need to exercise independent judgement and discretion on a regular or frequent basis.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Plan, design, develop, configure, analyze, implement, install, integrate, maintain, update, and monitor company infrastructure.
Do the Work
- Designs, installs, configures, secures, and troubleshoots servers, server clusters, storage arrays and other system components.
- Identify, analyze, and correct complex system-related problems, including security measures and system performance.
- Develops and implements configuration management plans.
- Develop and maintain procedures for system operations, equipment assembly and installation, system automation, infrastructure, and security.
- Prepares recommendations, justifications, and specifications for IT systems in private data center and edge environments.
- Supports hyperconverged computing and enterprise storage platforms.
- Support virtualization technologies, including virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
- Creates and maintains documentation relating to systems configuration, network mapping, systems security, backup and recovery, processes, procedures, and service records.
- Develops and automates system processes using tools (e.g., PowerShell / PowerApps)
- Maintain and troubleshoot communication between AD/O365/Azure.
- Evaluate new systems technologies.
- Provide tiered support for other IT staff.
- Manage support vendors and contracts.
- Support onsite personnel and remote locations.
- Communicate status of projects on regular basis to manager and other members of management as needed.
Success Metrics and Competencies
Ideal candidate will consistently demonstrate…
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners.
- High degree of discretion and ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Highly motivated and problem-solving attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
- Self-reliance and ability to operate independently with limited direction.
- Effective working relationship with internal leaders and peers, as well as external clients.
- Commitment to becoming a “citizen” of the broader organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure/Certifications, and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Seven or more (7+) years’ relevant IT experience, with five or more (5+) years’ systems experience.
- Advanced systems certification. Examples include Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, VMWare Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization, or equivalent certification.
- Extensive knowledge of AD, O365, Azure AD.
- Familiarity with ESXi, Hyper-V and Veeam.
- Experience with networking equipment such as switches, firewalls and cabling systems a plus.
- Knowledge of current best practices in systems and information security.
- Knowledge of and skill in working on systems architecture, technologies, standards, and best practices.
- Knowledge of software deployment platforms, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Must hold a valid state driver’s license and successfully pass a motor vehicle check.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Eligible for remote work arrangements.
- Primarily indoor professional office environment which may include bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
- Mobility around an office environment.
- Frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Primarily local travel during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
- Occasional lifting or carrying up to 80 pounds.
- Occasional pushing or pulling up to 100 pounds.
- Occasional reaching outward or above shoulder.
Note: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.
Requisition Number: SYSTE003370
- Address Reston, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10