About the job
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for a Storage Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of various storage hardware. This position will work with the existing OS and Storage teams to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers and storage systems for the client and their customers. This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the systems and providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
As a Storage Administrator your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise data storage systems
- Monitor performance, errors, and warnings on FC network and attached storage systems
- Maintain storage and FC network policies and standards
- Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long term solutions
- Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff
- Follow, maintain, and produce in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
- Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification to be obtained in first 3 months
- Five or more years’ experience with CIFS, NFS, iSCSI administration
- Five or more years’ experience with file server administration
- Five or more years’ experience with block storage administration
- Five or more years’ experience with enterprise level IT environments
- Five or more years’ experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 or higher
- Five or more years’ experience with Solaris and Linux
- Five or more years’ experience with FC network administration
- Installation and configuration experience with Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2012/2016 R2
- Experience with PowerShell 2.0 (or higher), bash, and simple scripting
- Strong CLI skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience with Cisco MDS and Brocade FC switches
- Experience with Cisco DCNM
- Experience with Windows 2012, 2016
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and higher
- Experience with Solaris 10/11
- Experience with NetApp, Hitachi, 3PAR, and IBM FC storage
- Experience with block based replication
- Experience with IBM SVC
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Dublin, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors