View more 16 hours ago
About the job
About the Role
- As a Staff Software Engineer in Gap Digital Labs, you’ll be a key engineer in an innovation product team helping run experiments, evaluating technologies. All this work will help us run POCs quickly and many of them will eventually go on to production rollout after they’re validated by you and the team. You’ll help gather requirements, provide proof of concept solutions, build prototypes and measure the experimentation. This individual will work closely with other product engineering teams and product managers to focus exclusively on business transformation enablement or major value creation POCs
- This individual proactively stays current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization. The role is responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the product delivered. The key business partners that will work closely with this team member are the Architects, Technical Managers, Product Managers, and Business leaders to balance product architecture and to meet the delivery timeline.
What You’ll Do
- Lead significant projects and define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high-performing technology that are also domain-specific.
- Develop and enhance products and/or applications independently to solve complex business problems by keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learning from emerging technologies and through collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate difficult concepts and lead teams through design and interpretation.
- Mentor and subject matter expert in support of domain areas, leading assignments of diverse scope.
- Balances project delivery objectives with organizational initiatives.
- Display strategic thinking and a desire to quickly validate proof of concepts that span across projects and platforms keeping an eye towards simplicity, frugality, minimum viable POCs, scalability potential, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Serves as research engineering SME for the business transformation enablement across all brands within Gap Inc.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of Software Development experience and knowledge of the Software Delivery Lifecycle, Security Compliance, and Agile and SCRUM methodology, industry, and competitor practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various software languages and platforms such as Java, Oracle, NoSQL, Azure, Event Streaming, etc.
- Expert at leading technical requirements and interpretation of business requirements.
- Experience with leading significant projects and mentoring teams.
- Experience with developing teams that are cross-functional and include internal and external stakeholders.
- Desirable if you have worked in innovation or lab-like setup
- Address San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10