Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD (Becton Dickinson) is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Medication Management Solutions
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team can manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, increasing safety, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
About the role:
MMS Infusion Team is looking for a cybersecurity software engineer,who will build best practices around secure software development processes; be the subject matter expertise on cyber security of Windows, Linux, Cloud based regulated products that are connected hospital networks. Looking for someone who has a passion for learning, developingimpactful healthcare SW products with high quality and security.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build best practices around secure software development processes;subject matter expertise on cyber security of Windows, Linux, Cloud based regulated products that are connected hospital networks.
- Developing secure designs, developing cyber security threat models, vulnerabilityassessments.
- Instill a culture of security by design and defense in depth by driving adoption of new tools andprocesses.
- Participate in Designand Code reviews, guide team members on security patterns and practices
- Collaborate with Product Security Office, ProductService,Risk Management,and other multi-functional teamson cybersecurity review and assessment.
- Collaborate with internal or external technical consultants or Penetration Testing teams.
- Implement and verify security features and remediations as needed.
- Participate in responding to cyber incidents response, monitor post-production security activities.
- Ensure alignment to BD policies and software quality and security procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding cybersecurity and privacy regulations. e.g., NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, FDA guidance
- Experienced in implementing secure SW development lifecycle – processes and tools.
- Experience with cybersecurity risk assessment and threat modeling
- Experience with securing cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS or GCP) and networked devices.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, multiple global team agile environment.
- Experience with implementing security tools across SDL using SAST, SCA and DAST tools.
- Experience cybersecurity of medical devices and healthcaresystems a plus.
- Hands on experience with C#. Experience inTypeScript, PowerShell, Python, C++ a plus.
Education and experience required:
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building enterprise-quality software products.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
- Address C&D Bldg TC San Diego, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10