Job ID 810093BR
Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States
Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We are here to protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting the business units. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Glendale, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats, as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets;
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC;
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards;
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria.
We look to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
The Application Secure Development team operates as a trusted service provider helping development teams build and maintain applications to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of TWDC data and services. This is accomplished by integrating security services into development processes, training, and engaging development teams on best practices to engrain security into the SDLC.
Background in application development, penetration testing, experience in delivering secure SDL service, and passion for application security a plus.
The Staff Security Specialist, Secure Development is responsible maintaining and improving SDL services, including but not limited to:
- Secure SDL pipeline enhancement – Review and survey new development patterns, assess the current secure SDL pipeline coverage against new patterns and drive improvement to current service offering
- Secure SDL service delivery – Support DevOp engineers, security specialists and developers to ensure service is delivered within SLA
- Remediation assistance – Provide remediation support for complicated cases that may require additional research or in-depth collaboration with developers
- Secure SDL service delivery- Perform onboarding or platform maintenance tasks when needed
- Minimum 5 years in technology organizations, with 7-10 years of application assurance work experience supporting a moderate to large organization.
- Expertise and experience with all stages of SDL, across threat modeling, requirements, static, dynamic, business logic testing, training and response.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, and middle management.
- Background in development, penetration testing, experience in delivering secure SDL service and passion for application security.
- BS in computer science or computer science related field, or equivalent military experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Address Burbank, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors