The Staff Cybersecurity Engineer for the Medical Device Cybersecurity group will be tasked with securing Bayer Radiology medical devices and medical device software against potential cyber threats. This will include the review of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and assessing the likelihood of exploitation and any potential impacts to the safety and effectiveness of Bayer Radiology medical devices.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for the design and development of solutions to mitigate any Cybersecurity risks assessed against Bayer Radiology
medical devices, medical device software, and IT software products.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Cybersecurity Engineer, are to:
- Provide cybersecurity expertise and leadership across major portions of complex projects;
- Apply understanding of product/line and clinical applications to identify potential cybersecurity threats and develop mitigations;
- Perform threat modeling on device security architecture and assess cybersecurity risks and risk mitigations;
- Lead cybersecurity risk assessments and cyber signal incident responses;
- Understand interdependencies of processes required to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Support process definition and improvements;
- Demonstrate skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions for problems, exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation and judgment in anticipating and solving these problems;
- Consistently apply complex analytical methods;
- Independently plan and manage your own work activities to given project objectives and lead cross functional teams on projects of significant scope at module level;
- Provide technical consulting, leadership and advice to peers and program management;
- Identify and sustain supplier and partner relationships;
- Define cybersecurity requirements for design elements at the module level.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a major science or engineering discipline (e.g., Cybersecurity, Systems, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, IT) or related field;
- 7 years of overall engineering experience or equivalent experience and education, including at least 3 years demonstrated experience conducting product safety or security risk assessments;
- Proven engineering knowledge crossing into multiple technical disciplines;
- Experience performing vulnerability analyses, security risk analyses, and security assessments;
- Experience with cybersecurity incident response and investigations;
- Experience reviewing security architecture and designs;
- Experience developing cybersecurity policies and procedures;
- Experience with cybersecurity regulations and standards such as NIST Framework, TIR 57, TIR 97;
- Demonstrated skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions to complex problems exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation, and judgement;
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills;
- Excellent persuasion and consensus building with ability to work in cross functional teams;
- Working knowledge of MS office applications and statistical analysis skills;
- Ability to independently plan and manage own work activities to achieve department objectives;
- Strong competency in Customer Focus, Driving for Results, Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values and Compassion.
- Master’s degree in science or engineering;
- Degrees in multiple, different science/engineering disciplines or PhD. is a bonus;
- Experience in Medical Device development, particularly understanding needs in a clinical setting is strongly preferred;
- Experience with data privacy standards such as HIPAA.
- Address Indianola, PA, USA postal code
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10