Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box – we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join our Identity Threat Detection and Risk team. This team builds product capabilities and services that keep our customers safe. Continuously evaluating risk is critical to gaining trust and achieving security objectives. At Okta, risk plays a critical role in authentication and authorization decisions. This is an opportunity to build mission-critical ML systems to solve critical security problems.
The ideal candidate has experience implementing, deploying and supporting Machine Learning systems. The Identity Threat Detection and Risk team is building a next-gen security detection and risk platform that continuously assesses the session, device and user security posture to build a risk graph for the industry!
We are a team of Data Scientists and Software Engineers that are reimagining what it means to authenticate to cloud resources. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality enterprise software.
Our team is fast, innovative and flexible; with agile release cycles and individual ownership. Here is an opportunity to work on stimulating security projects, emerging technologies and a chance to work on complex security and ML challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Build, manage, optimize, and monitor Okta’s machine learning infrastructure
- Deploy state-of-the-art ML models at scale
- Develop and manage systems, tools, and frameworks to monitor ML models in production
- Develop and manage systems, tools, and frameworks to monitor drift and offline simulation performance
- Debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Managers and Okta’s in-house Cybersecurity team to build highly scalable ML training and deployment systems
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of hands-on MLOps experience
- Experience in building scalable ML systems leveraging machine learning pipelines and frameworks like Airflow, SageMaker, MLFlow, Kubeflow or other similar frameworks, or experience with production ML scoring systems with frameworks like Tensorflow serving, Seldon Core, Tecton, and other similar frameworks
- Python experience
- Experience in deploying production-grade machine learning models in cloud environments, e.g. AWS, GCP
- Experience in container environments like Docker
- Experience in databases and ETL pipeline (e.g. Snowflake, Athena)
- Experience building MLOps systems in the security domain is a huge plus.
- Experience in cloud security, Identity and/or Authentication protocols
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks and serving systems (e.g. TensorFlow serving)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Distributed system experience (Spark, Dask, Ray, Flyte)
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$158,000—$221,000 USD The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $175,000—$245,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
- Salary Offer $158,000—$221,000
- Address USA (Remote)
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5