About the job
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil exploration, development and production within North America. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years. Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That’s why we give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits.
The Staff Completions Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for play characterization, design optimization, and value maximization. They will be responsible for analyzing historical completions practices on existing plays, optimizing completions designs, integrating completions data with subsurface data, and recommending best practices for completions on a global scale. This position will be working with the Completions manager to create, implement, and supervise completions procedures for new well completions.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of vertical and horizontal well completions in the Haynesville Shale
- Perform full cycle project requirements including concept initiation, cost and economic analysis, interpretation of technical data and well performance and post project analysis
- Provide input in the development and administration of plans, policies, and programs to optimize business unit assets
- Act as team lead for less experienced staff
- Lead multi-disciplinary HSER incident investigations and develop corrective actions.
- Specialize in one or more areas of engineering function, including drilling, completions, production, or facilities
- Be responsible for the development and potential supervision of programs for critical and non-critical wells
- Participate and supervise field activities and has advanced understanding of technologies and operations
- Provide oversight for field reviews, wellbore schematics, budget preparation and cost estimates and procedures for downhole and surface operations; analysis of production and pressure data; understanding of reservoir engineering and economic evaluations
- Maintain membership and participation in industry society
- Prepare completion procedures, wellbore schematics, and cost estimates for new well completions
- Supervise field applications relating to hydraulic fracturing, wireline, coiled tubing, and perforating
- Be responsible for accuracy of field cost estimates and monthly accrual reporting
- Participate in multidiscipline team to ensure proper completion techniques are performed
- Mentor new hires and less experienced engineers
- Participate in special projects and performs post completion stimulation and production analysis
- Participate in interviewing and recommending candidates for hire
- Maintain and seek out information on new technologies
- Follow completion practices in various active resource basins
- Identify opportunities and apply new information and concepts to accomplish tasks which may include performing studies, securing, interpreting, and evaluating data
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10-15 years of experience in the petroleum industry
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulic fracturing, wireline, coiled tubing, and perforating
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies and requirements including but not limited to state and federal agencies associated with drilling, completion, production, and environmental concerns
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable with changing priorities
- Able to work on various projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
- Haynesville Shale experience or experience in a comparable basin is preferred
Southwestern Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, present military status or veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- Address Spring, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20