About the job
About The Role
AutoZone is looking for an ITIL experienced IT Service Management Specialist to be part of their growing team! This position is directly responsible for supporting and leading the Incident, Change and Problem Management practices. It’s a tough world, and someone has to navigate the obstacles in search of 100% availability. If you thrive in the challenge of helping IT reach this goal, you will love the opportunity to work for a world-class industry-leading company that is raising the bar on the delivery of IT services and seeking only the best candidates to accomplish this.
This role will drive resolution to all major incidents and problems within SLA and provide overall status of these efforts on a regular basis. Additional responsibilities include supporting the change management process and leading efforts to ensure our systems achieve maximum uptime.
Perform An Analysis Of Both IT Incidents And Problems In Order To Proactively Prevent The Occurrence Of Further Incidents And Problems
- Conducting a thorough analysis and preparing the Major Incident Report (MIR) for every major incident after it is closed.
- Ensuring that all the resolution procedures are updated in the known issues section of our IT support runbook
- Conducting a problem management review meeting with relevant members to identify the triggers for the major incidents, what caused them, and how to prevent such incidents happening in future.
- Ensuring that the causes of all major incidents are analyzed and root cause is identified (coordinating with all parties to the problem management process)
- Providing periodic reports on the overall status of the Major Incident Management process.
- Conducting the training / knowledge sharing sessions for new and existing team members to minimize the risk of impact at all stage
- Developing documentation for consumption by end-users, service desk support agents, and other technical resources
- Coordinating input from multiple cross-functional teams in real time and post event
- Providing strategic direction on the types of problem management and incident management activities that will drive efficiencies across AutoZone’s enterprise
- Driving runbook creation and improvements from known issues and those identified from major incidents
- Acting quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritize and resolve technical issues.
- Initiating action and being responsible for decisions to help IT at all levels in hitting continuous availability
- Effectively planning, prioritizing and coordinating own and others’ activities
What Your Day Will Look Like
- AutoZoners have a contagious work ethic; including a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly, creatively and efficiently. We also expect a high sense of responsibility and the ability to influence others. As an expert in your field, we expect you to:
- Ensure that sites and systems continuously and consistently run smoothly, optimally, efficiently and reliably
- As an AutoZoner, you will be surrounded consistently by top tier talent (both onsite as well as remote); to effectively work with your team you will be expected to hold a high level of organization, detail orientation, and the ability to articulate issues clearly.
- Acting as a SPOC for the customer to provide the status update whenever a major incident occurs.
- Opening a bridge and involving all relevant support teams, continuing the discussions until the major incident is resolved.
- Coordinating with the respective SMEs for speedy resolution of the major incident. Taking the lead on the conversations to drive towards resolution using application architecture design and approach from layer to layer.
- Informing the key stakeholders on the status of the major incident and keeping them updated through service restoration. Be able to communicate in business terms is critical.
- Ensuring the major incident is resolved within SLAs agreed with the customer
- Understanding impact and urgency,and taking a balanced approach to enact preventive measures and minimize the service and business impact.
- Document processes, follow all ITIL best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, or a relevant field
- Typically requires 5 to 8 years’ experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities
- Address Memphis, TN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10