The Senior Sustainability Program & Data Analyst will support the Director of Sustainability with data collection, analytics, both internal and external reporting and other sustainability program priorities as assigned.
- Data Management
- Measure, monitor and collect data pertaining to sustainability key performance indicators
- Internally report at an operational-level, activity-level, and site-level emissions, energy, water, and waste data
- Greenhouse gas inventorying on a continuous, ongoing, monthly basis
- Energy, water, and waste footprinting on a continuous, ongoing, monthly basis
- Measuring changes in fuel economy, fuel efficiency, energy efficiency, water efficiency, and waste generation across dynamic operating activities
- Perform manual data entry tasks and manage automated data collection solutions
- Provide routine “sustainability champion” progress reports to site managers
- Assist with implementing sustainability programs – both environmental and social -related
- Sustainability Awareness Champions
- Zero-emissions technologies
- Electric vehicles and charging infrastructure
- Facility lighting and HVAC retrofits
- Water re-use and recycling opportunities
- Community neighborhood working groups and action plans
- Employee wellness campaigns
- Employee volunteering events
- Provide quantitative content for internal and external communications
- Assist with Sustainability Programming, to include, monitoring progress toward achieving enterprise-level sustainability goals, awareness and training on EH&S initiatives, DE&I initiatives, Wellness initiatives, and other Employee or Community Engagement initiatives.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 3+ years’ continuous experience in collection and analysis of dynamic data, reporting, and management, preferred experience specifically with sustainability and ESG relevant data
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel (including GL Wand and Hyperion add-ins), PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Business Intelligence
- Ability to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex data into clear and concise presentations and reports
- Catalogue and maintain sustainability data both manually and using automation where suitable
- Build excel and web-based tools for accessibility by others, including executives, frontline managers, suppliers, and customer-facing tools and data dashboards.
- Develop tools and procedures for reporting to various internal and external audiences in different media, including verbal, written, visual, etc.
- Contribute to the development of impact-focused, data-driven strategy for the Sustainability team
- Ability to research broad topics and provide clear analysis
- Excellent follow up skills and file organization, and can demonstrate an appreciation for multi-tasking, problem-solving, critical thinking, and self-motivation
- Collaborate with other internal functional groups – EH&S, DE&I, finance, supply chain, operations, and technology, to integrate sustainability data into larger business data, systems, and decisions
- A passion and commitment to sustainable business practices, and demonstrated experience in any of the following resource areas: energy, water, waste, carbon, renewables e.g.:
- Energy: demand management, metering and monitoring, capital projects, audit, plant optimization, building systems and equipment
- Water: conservation, smart metering, reclamation, audit, risk management, irrigation
- Carbon: GHG inventory, Scope 3, CDP, SBTi, SASB
- Renewables: PPA development, solar planning/installation/management, battery and storage, distributed energy resources, wind
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Company Schnitzer Steel Ind Inc
Requisition Number: SENIO014368
- Address Tacoma, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5