Job ID 823511BR
Location Burbank, California, United States
Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Date posted Jul. 13, 2021
The Global Security Communications Center is responsible for supporting emergency and non-emergency events, researching global affairs, incoming call mitigation, event dispatching and event driven global notification services on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In an emergency situation, the GSCC directs and coordinates Disney enterprise assistance and support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services; the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of employee information, as well as serving as the central communication intake point for Global Security.
Personnel who work in the GSCC must be able to exercise critical thinking and sound judgment to facilitate communications and solutions to impacted Disney personnel and their impacted business leadership; communicate accurately and efficiently with the highest level executives of TWDC; problem solve a variety of potential hazards and crisis to ensure effective warnings are communicated.
- Ensure all functions of the Global Security Communications Center (GSCC) are carried out in an efficient and effective manner whilst providing maximum security support
- Manage and coordinate security communications operations ensuring that security procedures are implemented and followed as per the GSCC Procedures (SOPs);
- Ability to perform well and maintain a high degree of professionalism and customer service on a routine basis, during emergency situations or under extreme pressure;
- Supervise the daily development and dissemination of intelligence and operationally based reports to support our Global Security and enterprise partners.
- Supervise and provide guidance to ensure proper 24/7 scheduling and coverage for the GSCC;
- Coordinate and support emergency and crisis management assets providing a timely and coherent response to incidents as they arise;
- Liaise with and report to the GSCC Manager, GSCC Senior Manager, Director and all other required company personnel to ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner
- Develop a working relationship with GSCC personnel and a comprehensive working knowledge of all GSCC programs and procedures;
- Partner with and communicate with regional security teams to conduct tactical security assessments as required, and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for country and regional specific threats;
- Supervise and execute the design and implementation of project related security strategies, security policies/standards and establish a concrete course of action for their implementation and review;
- Provides support by monitoring open sources for breaking news and current events that affect the company, its employees, and guests worldwide
- Liaise with regional security partners to ensure that training procedures and policies are implemented within acceptable standards;
- Maintain close links with key stakeholders to ensure that all projects are implemented with the highest degree of professionalism safety and security;
- Offer leadership, management and tactical guidance to any approved 3rd party security contracted staff and other foreign or national security contracted staff;
- Ability to operate on a flexible, on-call and rotating schedule and be able to travel when necessary
- Support upper management in developing policy, procedures and protocols for future GSCC operational and technological integrations
- Serves as the first responder for information by assisting employees domestically or internationally with security– or travel-related emergencies;
- Directs the supervision of GSCC personnel by overseeing and maintaining appropriate staffing levels; managing certain aspects of training and overseeing the development and maintenance of operations manuals;
- Provides excellent customer service support to global guests and employees
- Perform other duties as assigned by GSCC Management staff or other approved Disney Global Security management.
- Assist in the effective implementation of the Enterprise wide employee travel safety and security programs
- Ensures proper distribution of notification via our Mass Notification Systems (i.e. Everbridge)
- Assist in the effective implementation of the Global Security social media program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with or in a Communications or Operations Center related operation
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Supervisory experience in a related field desired
- The ability to receive and relay direction, and have ability to multi-task and coordinate several incidents at once
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel including key company executives and law enforcement
- Strong guest service/interpersonal skills especially during times of crisis
- Strong interest and familiarity with international current events
- Ability to make critical decisions, prioritize issues and initiate appropriate response with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and education considered
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Address Burbank, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors