About the job
What you’ll do…
As a seasoned professional in the area of security, responsible for partnering with the business and technology to understand both current and future business needs impacting security. Defines, documents and assesses security requirements for diverse business or technology initiatives, including engagements with third parties. Accountable for maintaining the security and integrity of data, including ensuring programs meet H&R Block security policies and guidelines, identifying and understanding risks and developing and following up on mitigation plans.
Uses in-depth knowledge of their discipline to provide counsel to the business on security best practice, regulatory and legal compliance, contributing to a security culture and mindset.
Day to day, you’ll…
- Functions as front-line representative of security group, partnering with the business to understand and assess diverse initiatives impacting the security and integrity of H&R Block data.
- Provides security-based risk assessments for a broad range of business and technology sponsored projects and initiatives, including engagements with third parties.
- Leads activities during analysis, design, construction and testing phases of large scope projects.
- Partners with Security Engineering and others as appropriate to ensure all security aspects of initiatives are addressed.
- Provides in-depth knowledge and advice on best practices, H&R Block policy and practice, regulatory and legal compliance in the area of security.
- Monitors compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates security controls and identifies risk, developing and following up on mitigation plans.
- Monitors and reports on security activities, escalating as required.
- Contributes to a security mindset and culture by communicating and reinforcing the organization’s mission, values and philosophy in the area of security.
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis Information Security/Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in information technology or business analysis.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in information security.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security discipline via relevant industry certifications (e.g., CISSP, CAP, CISM, GSEC, GSNA).
- Understanding of IT related regulations (e.g., SOX, PCI) and frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001).
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with all business partners.
- Strong verbal, written communications and task management skills.
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical problem resolution skills with the ability to react quickly.
- Proven self-starter and willing to accept additional responsibilities as position expands.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Visit BlockBenefits.com To Learn More About H&R Block Benefits.
As part of our on-going COVID-19 compliance efforts, H&R Block is asking all associates to voluntarily share their COVID-19 vaccination status. Associates who are unvaccinated or who choose not to share their vaccine information will be required to wear a mask while at work and comply with other safety precautions.
- Address Kansas City, MO, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10