Tracking Code : 50040925 – 04082022
- Job Description
- Job Summary:
This position supports the development, configuration and implementation by collaborating with various internal KCS teams required for integration. Critical to the success in this role is a willingness and ability to learn new applications and design new solutions. Working within a flexible ever-changing environment is crucial, as this team is often learning by trial and error, proof of concept, and detailed analysis.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Provides hands-on integration engineering solutions, primarily involving Mulesoft product stack along with other Integration tools.
- Creates prototypes to meet requirements and verifies those requirements have been met.
- Directs projects from end-to-end for new development initiatives, including consultation with business partners and analysts to understand the data requirements, securing internal technical expertise for support of development efforts, and quality assurance experts to ensure the quality of solutions.
- Collaborates with administrators, architects and technical colleagues to ensure applications are performing successfully and within agreed upon service level agreements.
- Completes performance tuning and designs for high data volume, ensuring high performance on a daily basis while ensuring 24/7 application availability.
- Provides technical support and leadership in the development and continual improvement of solutions services.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related technical field of study;
- Minimum five (5) years relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum five (3) years of experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform.
- 5+ years’ experience developing web services & related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, WSDL).
- Experience developing in XML-related technologies a plus (e.g., DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, XQuery, XPath).
- Experience with Unix platforms (e.g., Linux), Java (or other object-oriented programming), secure coding standards and API security, continuous integration and deployment, advanced Systems/software engineering experience with complex scripting abilities.
- Efficient use of Python, shell or other open source scripting languages, XML / JSON, Various connector technologies including JMS, JDBC, .Net.
- In-depth knowledge of software configuration practices.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design, flow, and performance.
- Experience working with data interchange and data management (i.e. ETL processes, database interaction).
- Debugging within a complex environment that includes multiple connected devices.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum Methodology environment and Team Foundation Server.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills within the team environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a variety of solutions.
- Desire to work in an environment with undefined elements where trial and error is common.
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit; resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of values – Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork, Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well – accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern may be the place for you.
- Address Kansas City, MO, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10