Job Description Summary
Based from one of GE’s major US operations and reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, Digital Technology and Cyber (CAE-DT), the Sr. Manager, Cyber Assurance will manage Internal Audit Centers of Excellence (COEs) that drive technical subject expertise in the areas of software engineering, network engineering, operational technology, cloud and platform engineering across all GE Internal Audit engagements. Additionally, this leader will establish technical assessment standards and processes for department wide execution.
GE is in the midst of a significant and public transformation of its portfolio, leadership, operations and culture. One of the top priorities within this transformation is the Internal Audit function. GE is currently evolving the function, focusing more on the development of deep, data-driven, modern audit expertise and experience to serve as a true business partner for the audit committee and executive leaders, while still maintaining its commitment to talent development, both within and outside the function.
A key dimension of this role will be:
- Ensuring Subject-Matter Expert (SME) consistency and oversight across all Technology audits, and driving the proper level of technical coverage and depth.
- Driving the development and implementation of technical testing tools, methodologies, and standards for audit-to-audit application.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to BU Chief Audit Executives and Digital Technology Leaders across the business in the evaluation and understanding of the GE security posture.
- Translates technical risks to cross-functional teams to assist the broader organization in understanding and addressing cyber risks.
- Assists IA leadership in evangelizing to and partnering with key enterprise leaders to draw awareness to technology audit themes/root causes and will collaborate to establish risk informed control-based roadmaps for systemic change.
- Identifies and tracks all enterprise technology initiatives that may impact current/upcoming engagements and will communicate with BU Technology Audit teams to plan accordingly.
- Acts as central hub for identifying internal cyber data sources for technical testing automation and partners with IA Data Solutions to maintain centralized dashboard for BU tech audit teams to assist with engagement testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drives SME research of relevant industry changes and threats to assist technology audit teams in the appropriate planning and scoping of audits.
- Will ensure the analysis of attack surface is embedded within the planning of all audits and appropriately informs scoping.
- Oversees the development and issuance of technical audit report supplements to provide a prescriptive and detailed view into audit related technology gaps and risks.
- Will manage and oversee the modernization of technical assessment tools and techniques used across BAU technical audits.
- Will establish and maintain a technology/cyber training plan for all IA Technology Auditors and SMEs.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SUCCESS PROFILE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Business Administration with a minor in Computer Information Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in IT Governance, IT Risk, IT Audit, IT Operations or related fields, preferably with a Fortune 1000 companies or Big 4 assurance organization.
- CISM, CISA, CISSP, CRISC designation or other relevant certification is desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory and external requirements as they relate to IT, privacy and cybersecurity for regulations such as DFARS, CMMC, FISMA, HIPPA, GDPR, NERC-CIP and SOX.
- Experience using some of the industry standards/framework, such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, NIST Privacy Framework, CSA CCM, ISO 27001, ITIL v3, COBIT and FAIR is desirable.
- Knowledge of IT Operational Functions including IAM, Asset Management, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy.
- Proven ability to handle scale, change agenda, pace and overall complexity.
- Track record of building / transforming an audit function to drive business strategy.
- Track record of working alongside business leaders, positioning internal audit as a strategic partner, identifying and helping mitigate risk.
- Superior business acumen; ability to build strong relationships and trust with company leadership and business process owners.
- Modern Audit/ Data-Driven Approach- Track record of leveraging technology and using data to drive insights and actions.
- Lean Process orientation; Passion to help improve operations continuously.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner; uses data and a cogent problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Capability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Initiates, supports and manages change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex technology topics to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Boston, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors