Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
The Senior Robotics & Lab Automation Engineer – Discovery IT is responsible for leading lab automation strategies and solutions delivery across Discovery departments. This hands-on role develops automation and integration solutions between cutting-edge laboratory instrument systems such as HPLC/Mass Specs/CryoEM, Liquid handlers & Compound dispensing robots, Cheminformatics & Bioinformatics software and corporate enterprise databases. This role will lead and engage with Discovery scientists and IT teams to understand lab processes, gather requirements, and deliver solutions to improve operational efficiency of our scientists. Types of solutions include automating repetitive processes, upgrading and supporting complex lab systems, and applying security and data management solutions. Plays a critical role in ensuring efficient lab operation via automation and integration that aligns with corporate IT strategy.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Work directly with lab scientists and IT partners to understand challenges, collect requirements, and deliver automation and integration solutions to automate manual processes and enhance scientific productivity.
- Develop and maintain automation solutions including new features and changes.
- Lead teams in the operation and upgrades of complex lab systems. Ensuring up-time and delivery.
- Develop and own automation strategies across the Discovery scientific groups.
- Deliver right-fit IT security and data management strategies and solutions to complex lab systems.
- Engage and lead stakeholders, vendors, and offshore teams. Ensuring buy-in and leadership support.
- Operate within a culture of innovation, performance, and compliance.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent degree plus experience.
- Ideal candidate has worked in an R&D lab as a scientist or as a technician for a lab system vendor, with hands-on experience and looking to work in IT.
- Experience with automation technologies like LabWare, OpenLab, UiPath and KNIME is desired.
- Significant hands-on experience in developing, deploying and supporting lab systems and automation solutions for the Life Sciences Discovery/Research and Development (R&D) function.
- Experience with Computer System Validation (CSV) and GxP processes is desired.
- Familiar with Discovery/R&D Life Sciences processes and demonstrates ability to translate and document current/future state processes to ensure stakeholder alignment regarding proposed solutions.
- Delivery and service experience with complex lab systems including HPLC and imaging systems.
- Familiar with analysis and database applications including Chemcart, Genedata, Spotfire, and SmartSheet.
- Proven track record of engaging and guiding cross-functional teams to achieve project delivery excellence.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including a variety of business and technical audiences.
- Understanding of IT application architectures, SDLC, security, and data management processes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at: http://www.incyte.com/privacy-policy
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process here.
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
- Salary Offer $52K/yr - $123K/yr
- Address Wilmington, DE, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5