As the Sr IT PMO Manager, you will be responsible for leading transformational efforts of the IT function to scale and accelerate the delivery of quality products and services to business stakeholders – efforts include ways of working, modernization, and strategic partnership refinement. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to develop a program and structure and help us take our project management program to the next level.
Our Sr IT PMO Manager is responsible for managing the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure MYR Group’s IT infrastructure and applications programs and projects meet organization goals, deadlines, budgets, and requirements to advance the business overall across the organization. You will execute PMO processes and policies, lead a team, and work with other department leaders to deliver on successful projects and programs. You’ll manage deliverables, risks, issues to improve consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organization’s project delivery and agile maturity.
With roots dating to 1891 and 7,900+ employees, MYR Group Inc. (MYR Group) is a publicly-traded holding company of specialty electrical construction companies located throughout the U.S. and western Canada. The following values guide and inspire us and help to shape our behavior and culture: Safety, Respect, Responsiveness, Creativity, Integrity, Initiative, and Teamwork. We are contributing to a clean energy future while fostering a safe, supportive, and inclusive work environment.
Throughout our history, we have partnered with utilities, power companies, commercial clients, and developers to deliver some of the largest electrical infrastructure, notable commercial and industrial, and renewable energy projects. We are consistently recognized as one of the top five specialty electrical construction firms by Engineering News Record.
- Portfolio, Project & Program Delivery: Drive a critical portfolio of projects & programs by providing overall leadership to project management structure. Work with infrastructure and applications teams to develop, track, analyze and publish project and financial reports, scorecards, and program/project performance trends.
- People Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing team of project managers to achieve operational excellence to achieve and exceed goals and objectives.
- PMO Maturity, Process & Tools: Execute up on and contribute to process improvements and best practices across PMO to support delivery excellence. Work broadly with both Business and Technology to ensure that best practice management structure and processes are implemented and managed to drive scope management and on-time/on-budget development and deployment
- Stakeholder Management: Maintain partnerships with key stakeholders to achieve robust and sustainable governance model. Provide overall leadership to project management structure, approach and reporting. Work broadly with both Business and Technology to ensure alignment across project and program delivery.
- Risk & Issue Management: Oversee the critical area of risk management, dependency management and mitigation; inclusive of issue identification, risk assessment and mitigation development and recommendations.
- Strategic Planning: Key contributor to annual strategic planning process for assessment of critical resources and financial estimation in support of advancing the organization’s vision and mission.
- Agile Transformation: Contribute to the agile transformation strategy.
- Metrics & Reporting: Work with Product & Technology teams to develop, track, analyze and publish project and financial reports, scorecards, and program/project performance reports. Create transparency, measurability, and accountability to effectively manage deliveries.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed at a Company-designated office or field location.
- Understand and comply with the Company‘s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical standards, if applicable.
- 8+ years of experience in information technology (including infrastructure and applications)
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership function within a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Experience managing programs that use both third-party implementation providers and internal resources
- Experience integrating systems and processes as a result of business acquisitions
- Experience with MS Project or equivalent and other PMO tools/technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or a technical discipline
- Project management certification (PMI or similar) and/or certification in the use of specific methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Agile (CSM) desired
- High sense of urgency and analytical, evidence-based approach to problem-solving and status reporting
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking and communication skills (written and verbal); ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Excellent interpersonal skills including presentation, influencing, and negotiation with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of client service
- Demonstrated experience in areas of general management, specifically around team member development, leadership skills, organizational skills, and managing/setting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues, programs, and business interest related issues
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience ($135,000-$165,000) with weekly pay. Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Two days per week remote work option for non-field roles depending on position and performance.
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) – $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Dental – 100% employer-paid premium.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program – $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.
- Salary Offer $135,000/yr - $165,000/yr
- Address Thornton, CO, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20