As the nation’s largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members’ financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There’s never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $157,800-$192,800 annually. The full Pay Range is $122,300-$228,200 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr Enterprise Cloud Architect collaborates, designs, develops and executes on long-range technology architectural roadmaps across all IT Cloud and Infrastructure disciplines which anticipate future business needs and maximize long-term technology investment. This role delivers innovative architectural solutions for BECU, partnering with leaders across Information Technology to establish and maintain standards and solutions which align to BECU’s strategic goals and provide clear constraints for enterprise product delivery teams. The Sr. Enterprise Architect manages multiple large simultaneous solution across traditional infrastructure and cloud infrastructure efforts, and generating and guiding solution enabling architectures that support business and our IT strategy.
The successful candidate will partner with the business and other teams in defining robust integrated technology platforms and solutions designed to solve complex business problems, in support of strategic imperatives. The individual must have experience with both cloud and traditionial infrastucture experience, plus an active effort to stay current on best practices in both. The Sr Enterprise Architect will translate business needs into standard business capabilities, architectural patterns and roadmaps, exploring the ability to leverage existing technology investments as a first step. The ability to look broadly across the business and technology landscapes, successfully interfacing with senior executives, establishing strong trusted relationships, will be key.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive technical blueprint of the team’s services, creating solution options that align Technology services with business sponsor’s missions, goals, and objectives with consideration of both technical and non-technical implications and trade-offs.
- Develop, maintain, and socialize the technology roadmap for assigned area, collaborating with business and Technology partners to ensure that the roadmap creates business value with technically sound solutions and seeking out opportunities to apply technical innovations to customer needs.
- Establish and maintain architecture standards, processes, and constraints across the organization.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and technical expertise to technical teams across multiple disciplines and projects. Effectively articulate the value of architecture and technology.
- Produce blueprints that guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects, providing direction to technical teams during project delivery and ensuring implementations support technology and business roadmaps.
- Collaborate with production support efforts to resolve near-term domain-specific architectural issues and to remove architectural design debt.
- Provide technology specific financial and technological analysis to Tech leadership across teams to break down barriers and foster an understanding of enterprise services and architecture standards.
- Proactively review and recommend selection of third-party software platforms.
- Understand a business unit’s desired end state business model including business strategy, offerings, operations, and structure.
- Identify core business capabilities and processes, the entities that interact with those capabilities, and the interactions between these core business capabilities.
- Monitor the industry solution landscape to track the development of available solutions and identify opportunities for adapting the team’s solution architecture. Drive discussion on the business capability landscape to identify opportunities for greater long-term business value.
- Mentor engineers or other technology peers in best practices associated with enterprise architecture.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing and implementing technology architectures required, including experience managing delivery of multiple simultaneous complex technology solutions.
- Minimum five years of experience in a project lead role, either managing or advising small to medium project teams required.
- Ability to communicate very technically challenging concepts to a broad audience and strong facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Broad knowledge of technologies and supplier capabilities and experience implementing these into new and existing large infrastructure/systems required.
- Experience working within large organizations, and the ability to develop strong relationships required.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills required.
- Certification in LEAN, Agile/Scrum, or ITIL principals with experience implementing one of these practices preferred.
- Knowledge of modern technology service architectural hosting, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, monitoring, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, and containers required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft infrastructure and solution stacks operating in on-premise, cloud, and hybrid hosting environments preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate and provide customer service required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Salary Offer $157,800-$192,800 annually
- Address Remote, TX, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10