WHO WE ARE
As one team, we work together to deliver a superior customer experience, leveraging cutting edge technology that powers our best in class products and services. Our team designs, develops, delivers, and supports innovative products and services that are essential to bringing internet, TV and voice to more than 28 million residential and business customers that includes our award winning X1 platform. The team also builds and operates mission-critical systems, including those that monitor our network – one of the world’s largest – and its associated cloud infrastructure.
Comcast’s Technology, Product, Xperience (TPX), team needs motivated, qualified individuals to help us fill a full range of positions — from engineers, product designers and developers to Call Center representatives and installation technicians all with the common goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We are passionate people focused on transforming the customer experience and dedicated to creating innovative solutions to address the unique challenges of our extraordinary scale.
Comcast Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) is the premier Operations team within Comcast Cybersecurity (CCS). CCS is composed of a team of transformative security professionals expanding in multiple directions, across boundaries and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation is not simply about defending our network and systems, it’s about transforming the cybersecurity efforts across our company. Ready to make a difference? Come join our Team! Broadly regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key industry security roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of Federal and Legislative initiatives. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information security capabilities that help us protect and defend our company; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The Sr. Director of Cyber Security Incident Response leads enterprise-wide efforts to provide 24×7 detection, triage, communications, and mitigations efforts in relation to Cyber Incidents. Responsibilities include providing day-to-day leadership of a team of security specialists monitoring security events (focus areas include Cloud, Enterprise, and Product security) and will also provide leadership for the execution of the response and remediation activities minimizing overall risk to the business. Excellent communications and business acumen skills are essential. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing proactive that includes automation and orchestration of operational playbooks. This engaged leader will work collaboratively across Cybersecurity disciplines to ensure the intended security posture is continuously monitored to identify potential business impacting issues or active attacks.
• Partner with other security organizations and key internal stakeholders to ensure that security monitoring strategy are in conformity with overall security strategy.
• Manage and maintain the Security Incident Response strategy, standards, and processes; assist in creating and maintaining appropriate security standards and procedures governing data, networks, and application systems.
• Analyze, recommend and implement monitoring and compliance procedures based on external and internal information security risk and vulnerability assessments.
• Maintain security and operational efficiency metrics through comprehensive reporting, including dynamic data mining, historical reporting, self-auditing and tracking capabilities.
• Update senior leadership and other stakeholders about active security threats and incidents
• Build efficiencies in incident tracking and handling via automation.
• Lead the development and update of recovery and continuity plans and procedures for the CSOC.
• Keep current with new developments in the security industry including advisories, malware, vulnerabilities and viruses; evaluate and report on their potential business impact.
• Stay abreast of industry best practices in risk management techniques and integrate new methods and tools as appropriate.
• Provide security education and awareness activities pertaining to the Operational Security practices of the CSOC
• Ability to direct the team and manage simultaneous large/small projects with minimal supervision.
• Work with internal teams to continually improve processes used to identify security issues.
• Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities to the network infrastructure.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to security operations people leaders and team members, recommend training as appropriate, and provide guidance and direction to staff related to career planning.
• Ability to support negotiations on scope of work as well as manage work with outside vendors / integrators. This includes SOW, MSA, NDA’s, along with full financial tracking and defining business benefits.
• Ability to direct teams located at multiple locations and able to track & manage simultaneous activities
• Ability to facilitate activities, tasks, and deliverables of managed services providers.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Cool under pressure, objective and diplomatic.
• Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Understands when to escalate and can influence without direct authority.
• Incident handling and forensics skills including knowledge of common probing and attack methods, network/service discovery, system assessment, viruses, and other forms of malware.
• Knowledge of confidentiality of information, privacy protection, data security and other information security issues important in a client focused company.
• Strong leadership skills to select, develop, mentor, and reward employees.
• Must be able flexible in work schedule to allow for management of 24×7 team.
• 7+ years of experience leading Operations team, preferably in the area of Cybersecurity
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in technology operations or development domains
• Firm understanding of security controls and best practices to secure various platforms.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing an operational security strategy in a large, complex environment with successful outcomes.
• Proven analytical and problem solving ability.
• Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding failure and incident response situations.
Education Level Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experienced in Engineering Operations, System Development, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Identity Management, Access Management, Network Engineering or related field
Certifications Preferred: CISSP; CISA, CISM or GIAC
Years’ Experience Generally requires 10+ years related experience. Five or more years in a carrier class Internet Service Provider, preferred.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
- Address Moorestown, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors