The Sr. CyberArk Engineer will lead the tactical advancement of Northern Trust’s privileged access management (PAM) program. As part of the broader Information Security organization, this role will participate in a multidisciplinary information security team, applying fundamental systems security understanding, skills, expertise, and experience to maintain and operate complex information systems and security tools that satisfy organizational mission and/or business requirements, including stakeholder protection needs and security requirements. The role will also be responsible for researching, planning, coordinating, and implementing application solutions.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
• Technical engineering lead for the privileged access management program, specifically familiar with CyberArk solutions (i.e., Core Privileged Access Security, Endpoint Privilege Manager Application Access Manager, Privileged Session Manager, Privileged Threat Analytics, etc.), offering subject matter expertise where relevant
• Drives privileged access management initiatives to improve our broader security posture, demonstrated by metrics
• Owns the configuration, administration, and maintenance of CyberArk solution, including both the infrastructure as well as the application itself
• General management of credentials, including those that are interactive, non-interactive, API-based, etc.
• Engages in continuous tool improvement, process improvement and quality control
• Owns the relevant documentation and training required for privileged access management solutions and processes
• Defines and delivers relevant policies, platforms, safes, users to meet business requirements
• Reports progress and system health through metrics and KPIs that are risk-driven and/or operational in nature
• Leverages data to drive decision making and advocates for security throughout the organization
• Addresses ticket queue in timely fashion and follows appropriate change management procedures
• Understands risk and communicates clearly and concisely
• Effectively communicates issues/risks, options, pros/cons, and recommendations to drive change and overcome obstacles
• Stays current on security trends and industry best practices, providing input and recommendations based on research
Knowledge / Skills
• Extensive knowledge of privileged access management solutions, particularly CyberArk, and relevant cybersecurity controls.
• Extensive knowledge of CyberArk components: EPV, PVWA, PSM, PSMP, PTA, AAM
• Preferable knowledge of CyberArk EPM
• Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory, and relevant IT architecture experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of APIs, specifically RESTful APIs, and familiarity with service-oriented architecture and web services integration.
• Knowledge of web technologies (XML, HTML, SPML/SOAP, etc.), PowerShell, SaaS applications, network operations (networks, protocols and email.)
• Knowledge of both Windows and Unix platforms, with programming (PowerShell, etc.) a plus.
• Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.).
• Familiarity with identity and access management (IAM) concepts, such as identify lifecycle management, password policies, RBAC/ABAC, least privilege, etc.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with CyberArk, or comparable privileged access management solutions
• 3+ years of experience leading enterprise-wide privileged access management technology solution adoption across medium-to-large scale companies
• 3+ years of experience as a systems engineer at a medium-to-large scale company, preferably Financial Services
• Experience with password repository technologies and remote session governance, specifically with the policies that govern target system platforms.
• Experience using programming languages (JAVA, .NET, C++, etc.).
• Experience with identity governance solutions a plus.
Education / Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. A degree in Computer Science, Computer/Data Systems Management or a related field or discipline is preferred
• Certification in one or more of the following areas is desired but not required : Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN’S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Job ID : 87986
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10