Job Description Summary
GE-CIRT is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to develop cutting-edge cyber security automation solutions and automate critical security processes.
This engineer’s primary focus will be supporting and automating new processes for all parties within GE-CIRT as part of the Automation Team, and will collaborate with the Content Development and Operations teams to maximize the efficiency of these workflows for security analysts.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be expected to leverage open-source technology and industry standard programming languages to enhance cyber security operations. Success in this role will require delivery of engineering, software development, and build-automation projects in an agile environment.
As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective engineering within GE-CIRT’s Security, Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platform to streamline and expedite incident response workflows.
- Builds automation around operations & software development processes (CI/CD)
- Works with cross-functional teams and cross-business teams to drive broad-reaching technology initiatives
- Promotes best practices, design patterns, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and code walk-throughs
- Provides mentorship, advice, and skill enhancement to junior team members.
- Participates in on-call after-hours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established customer expectations and SLAs.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- GE Leadership Program graduates will receive experiential credit commensurate to the program they have completed.
- US Work Authorization is required, we will not sponsor work visas now or in the future for this role.
- Experience interacting with APIs to develop applications
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins)
- Experience working in a CIRT or Cyber Fusion Center environment
- Foundational cyber security knowledge in at least one area (e.g. architecture, attacker methodologies, digital forensics, incident response)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including experience using at least one development/release framework (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Glen Allen, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors