Location: Mays Landing, NJ, United States
Organization: Exelon Business Servcs Co, LLC
Job ID: 237819
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2022
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform the security monitoring process and escalate relevant issues to the Cyber Defense Team Lead – Real Time. Identify potential security incidents and forward to the appropriate team for further analysis. Uses data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs.) to analyze events that occur within their environments for the purposes of mitigating threats.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform cyber security monitoring of Industrial Control/SCADA systems with established monitoring tools including Industrial Defender and Splunk. 25%
Perform network traffic monitoring for anomalous traffic patterns using Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS). 25%
Interface with various business entities to determine nature of detected cyber events, perform detailed analysis on cyber events and advise entities on methods to improve security posture. 10%
Create detailed documentation on use of monitoring systems, topology and details of business entity ICS/SCADA systems, and performance of NERC CIP logging monitoring and alerting processes. 10%
Provide daily summary reports of network events and activity relevant to cyber defense practices. Use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity. 10%
Remain up-to-date on the latest security information in order to validate the security analysis & identification capabilities of the security operations technologies. 10
Provide guidance and assistance for less experienced security monitoring analysts. 10%
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related 4-year technical degree, with 5 to 8 years of experience in IT or cyber security, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code).
– Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools, including open source tools, and their capabilities.
– Skill in performing packet-level analysis (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
– Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
– Knowledge of Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) tools and applications.
– Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies. Comprehensive knowledge of common networking protocols: HTTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NTP, SSH, FTP.
– Knowledge of encryption algorithms (e.g., Internet Protocol Security [IPSEC], Advanced Encryption Standard [AES], Generic Routing Encapsulation [GRE], Internet Key Exchange [IKE], Message Digest Algorithm [MD5], Secure Hash Algorithm [SHA], Triple Data Encryption Standard [3DES]).
– Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
– Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies.
– Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques.
– Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
Provide near real-time monitoring of business centric risks to Exelon by identifying potential security incidents from security alerts.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law
- Address Mays Landing, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10