About the job
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Security Architecture team?
Guardian is seeking a Sr. Cloud Security Architect to define and build responsive application security strategies that provide the agility to adapt to changing business and organizational needs
- A security practicioner with a deep understading of Cloud Security. You enjoy working cross-functionally in a matrixed environment and collaborate closely with other architects, engineers, & developers across the organization to ensure achievement of target goals and objectives
- Provide architectural and best practices leadership related to the implementation of Cybersecurity controls in Cloud Security domain
- Design, Implement, Document complex cloud security infrastructure to support Application development under defined Architecture Guidelines
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and methods in security space and develop comprehensive security strategies for Cloud Security, Secure CI/CD, and other Security domains
- Assess security threats and risks in order to define and implement appropriate architectural security models
- Recommend security controls, plans for remediation, and evaluate inherent security characteristics of the technology and architectures used to protect the High Value Asset and interconnected systems
- Work with various technology vendors to develop appropriate solutions exploring various deployment options such as cloud computing delivery models (IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS) and deployment models related to Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud service.
- Work closely with Business and solution architects to ensure documented prescriptive blueprints and security best practices are followed and enforced during app design and implementation
- Assist in automation efforts to minimize manual work, bring efficiency, ensure compliance, using infrastructure as code, and continuous delivery and automation frameworks.
- Continuously improve procedures, policies, and practices working closely with the corporate technology office, IT infrastructure, and Senior Management.
- Consult with internal (SMEs, information technology, risk and control, security leadership) and external partners on development and support of Information security policy, standards, blueprints, and strategies to ensure that information security issues are addressed early in the project lifecycle.
- Develop testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, complying with security specifications and industry standard / generally accepted testing practices.
- Provide guidance to technical teams on architectural, procedural, and security best practices for cloud-based solution.
- Promote Zero Trust Security Design Principles, security architecture and designs for SDLC projects
- Communicate security risks and solutions to executive management, business partners and IT staff
United States-New York-New York
United States-New Jersey-Holmdel
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Mar 27, 2022, 4:35:35 PM
- Extensive security architecture knowledge and experience
- Experience delivering Public Cloud and Internet facing applications with a focus on security
- Experience with architecting and building Cloud strategies and reference architectures for public and private cloud environments, specifically, AWS & Azure.
- Experienced AWS Practitioner with hands-on experience in implementing and managing new and existing AWS services
- Experience with Security Architecture and Threat Modeling
- Experience working with using DevSecOps tools and processes
- Good understanding of API, Microservice and serverless concepts in cloud
- Experience working with cloud security management / governance tools
- Strong infrastructure security experience, with knowledge on CASB and cloud data protection technologies along with endpoint security tools.
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, NIST 800 series, CIS etc.) and best practices
- IT security (e.g. GIAC/SANS, CISSP) or Cloud Security-related certifications (e.g., vendor neutral (CCSK, Certified Cloud Professional/Architect, etc.) or Cloud vendor certification (AWS Solution Architect Security Specialty, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred, Master’s degree desirable.
- New York, New Jersey or Remote
- Up to 20% travel within US
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- The primary location for this position is New York, New Jersey and Remote.
- Covid – 19 vaccinations required for this position.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the candidate’s affirmation of being Full Vaccinated prior to commencing employment in the new role. New hires will have five business days from their start date to provide proof of vaccination through our Vaccination Status Confirmation Form. “Fully Vaccinated” means that at least two weeks have elapsed since you received the recommended number of doses of any COVID-19 vaccine that is currently fully approved, or authorized for emergency use, by the Food and Drug Administration or that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Guardian may provide reasonable accommodations. This policy may not apply to any Guardian colleagues working in a local jurisdiction (state, county, or city) that implements a law prohibiting a private employer from requiring vaccination, unless there is an applicable vaccine mandate from the federal government that would supersede the vaccination laws of the local jurisdiction. Guardian, in its sole discretion, may modify or terminate this requirement at any time.
- At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate technology and innovation in a secure and compliant way
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period
- Life and disability insurance
- A great 401(k) with match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
© Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. Company of America, New York, NY.
- Salary Offer $134,568 to $172,999
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10