What you’ll do…
At H&R Block, we are modernizing our software architecture which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches, challenges and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation, moving to server-less infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as a continuous everything approach – improvement, development, testing, implementation, delivery, and learning. The goal? Faster innovation.
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are looking for you.
The Senior Cloud Engineer plays a key role in the enterprise adoption of Azure Cloud offerings (Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), PaaS SQL, Cosmos, Application Service Environment (ASE), Service Bus, SignalR, Redis, IaaS VMs). This includes participation in developing an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure.
- Stay ahead of the Microsoft Azure product lifecycle for new and existing PaaS offerings by performing proof of concept and other efforts to vet new technology.
- Contribute to engineering efforts in Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines that leverage Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates and modules. Further advance automation efforts towards delivery of an enterprise self-service cloud resource provisioning solution to be used by Enterprise DevOps teams.
- Design, deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing support tasks for Cloud Environments, Operating Systems – RedHat Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
- Work directly with App/Dev teams to further automate infrastructure build and app deployments
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing seasonal demand
- Work closely with App/Dev in the adoption of new MS Azure Cloud features and services, including execution of technology proof of concepts, pilots and production deployments
- Help lead incorporation of DevOps into daily engineering and operations
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Effectively coordinate support escalation communication; participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, and installation
- Engineer and orchestrate solutions that enable auto-scaling of IaaS and PaaS services
- Develop enterprise cloud cost optimization solutions
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years total IT experience
- 2 plus years’ experience enterprise engineering in the Public Cloud
- Ability to provision Cloud Infrastructure
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting
- Cloud provider agnostic
- Legacy on prem data center infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management discipline; preferably Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience and ability to work in IaaS or PaaS architecture
- Knowledge of DNS, Load Balancing, Networking, Security
- Ability to develop automation and apply it practically to enable efficiencies and eliminate manual tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in Infrastructure as Code; preferably Terraform.
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and code branching concepts
- Programmatic skills that leverage languages and scripting
- Experience in automation, orchestration and configuration management technologies
- Functional understanding of inter-operational relationships of various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security and operational knowledge of application tools.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and customer service skills.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Experience in Azure
- VMs, VM Scale Sets, Redis Cache, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Containers, Azure SignalR, App Service, Azure Functions, Storage, Azure Site Recovery
- Knowledge of Azure Policy
- Achievements in engineering of auto-scaling cloud solutions and cloud cost optimization
- Experience with configuration management platforms and solutions, preferably Chef
- Experience in programming languages and infrastructure such as Terraform, Go, Python, C, C++, Ruby and scripting
- Understanding of GitOps principles
- Large enterprise environment experience is a bonus and preferred
About H&R Block…
We’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
Job ID : 427859BR
- Address Kansas City, MO, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10