About the job
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
This role will support the Global Client Reporting technology team in providing data services and a report disclosure rules engine to generate JSON output for a vendor solution that will create client reports. In this fast-paced environment, you will act as an interface between the Global Client Reporting technology team and the global business operations areas which uses the Global Client Reporting platform to perform their work. The technology and business teams work together within an agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) framework.
The Incumbent will help ensure that business users define detailed business requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria. Incumbent may also drive the creation of technical specifications, in alignment with business requirements, to ensure effective solution development. This individual will ensure that developers receive the information they need to create comprehensive, quality solutions. As part of this process, the incumbent will interact between technical team and business team members to ensure that all developer questions and uncertainty is resolved. Incumbent will also work with business to ensure that work is prioritized by business value and in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies of the team. Incumbent will drive the creation of test plans with the business and conduct preliminary testing of new or modified code prior to business testing. This individual will support the business as the business performs testing by ensuring that any issues requiring technology changes are scheduled for developer assignment and completed in the priority order set by the business. Incumbent will also be assigned ad hoc project work such as coordinating discussions with other teams, providing clear notes from meetings and creating platform documentation.
Role summary and job responsibilities:
- Working independently and to be fully accountable for own work and sometimes the work of others.
- Defining complex business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes
- Working closely and developing relationships with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all user story requirements are understood, documented, and met
- Ensuring a lean-agile mind-set is applied to work projects
- Independently working on initiatives of moderate complexity, size and impact
- Breaking down and communicating to non-technical audiences various complex or vague problems, options and recommended steps to address
- Evolving a solution or decision as new information is gained
- Finding opportunities for process improvements
- Assisting in implementation of new processes including identification of risks and information gaps that must be addressed to ensure a successful outcome
- Identifying when junior engineers or contractor team members need help and providing it in a clear, logical and well documented way to ensure success
- Displaying dedication to helping team overall
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of product/flows within the domain supported
- Understanding of business needs and able to translate them into plans for technology solutions
- Decision-making focused on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Successful candidate will have 5+ years working as a business or technical analyst or equivalent experience working in a business role supporting client reporting
- Experience working with financial data and data models.
- Experience developing business requirements and/or detailed user stories
- Experience identifying clear acceptance criteria that will be used to judge system solution success
- Experience with database querying techniques including strong SQL skills
- Experience identifying system/process/data needs and impacts (upstream and downstream)
- Experience proposing and documenting options, alternatives and possible remediation ideas
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences using multiple forms such as verbal and written
- Experience creating and/or executing test plans and identifying opportunities for test automation solutions.
- Asset management or financial institution experience
- Financial client reporting experience
- Experience driving the creation of technical specifications in alignment with business requirements
- Experience translating business logic into rules that can be systematically applied as part of a technology solution
- Familiarity with reading Microsoft Visual Basic (VBA) code as used in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience working with other teams or interfacing applications to identify, document and manage dependencies and potentially competing priorities
- Experience providing production support in a live environment
- Experience participating in the live rollout and implementation of new technology solutions
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certifications
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- A fundamental understanding of coding logic
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
As part of T. Rowe Price’s Health and Safety protocols, effective October 19, 2021, any US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-
19 or have a valid exemption under applicable state or federal law from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
- Salary Offer $76,000/yr - $113,000/yr
- Address Owings Mills, MD, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10