About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security SOAR is an incident response/case management platform designed to help security teams respond to cyber-threats with confidence, automate with intelligence, and collaborate with consistency. It captures and codifies established incident response processes into dynamic playbooks to guide and empower teams with the knowledge to resolve security threats. It helps teams accelerate and orchestrate their response by automating actions with intelligence and integrating with other security tools. Also, it allows teams to visualize and understand security incidents to prioritize and take action.
As a member of the IBM Security SOAR development team, you will be working on back-end services, end-to-end system design, and data analytics. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages (Java and/or C++), database technologies (relational, document, distributed), and a foundational knowledge of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and OpenShift Container Platform.
- Develop new and maintain current features for IBM Security SOAR Platform.
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications.
- Work in an Agile Environment to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Establish strong communication and relationships between engineering, infrastructure, and project/product management teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years professional experience programming in Java or C/C++.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Design and programming concepts.
- At least 5 years professional experience in web application programming and REST architecture.
- Strong communication skills.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 1 – 2 years experience with Tomcat, Jersey, Hibernate, JTA, Camel, and ActiveMQ.
- 1 – 2 years experience in database schema design, performance, tuning, and scalability.
- 1 – 2 years experience implementing distributed applications in container environment (docker/kubernetes).
- 1 – 2 years experience with agile software development, continuous integration and continuous delivery, and multi-national teams.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Cambridge, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors