About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Locations: Armonk, NY or Boston, MA
As a member of the Global Cybersecurity Legal team, reporting to the chief Cybersecurity Counsel, you will:
- Provide advice to staff of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) on legal issues related to our corporate cybersecurity program.
- Advise and help lead cyber incident response investigations in partnership with our Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Advise and help lead the resolution of product vulnerabilities in partnership with our Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT).
- Advise on cybersecurity legal, regulatory, and policy issues that affect the company across multiple business areas.
- Partner with IBM Government and Regulatory Affairs team on legislative and policy efforts pertaining to cybersecurity.
- Support deal teams – procurement, sales, M&A, and alliances – to negotiate security terms and conditions consistent with IBM policies and practices.
- Lead various transformational projects designed to continue enhancing IBM’s cybersecurity program and reducing IBM’s risk profile.
- Keep management and execs informed of cyber incidents and legal developments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in a US jurisdiction
- At least 5 years of experience, either in-house, law firm or both with significant experience in relation to US data privacy, cybersecurity and/or data security
- Strong analytic skills and ability
- Effective communication skills (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to work as part of diverse and multi-cultural teams of both legal and business colleagues
- Demonstrated business judgment and ability to prioritize in fast-paced environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with international data privacy and cybersecurity laws
- A degree or relevant experience in the computer science, engineering or software and/or digital forensic fields would be an advantage
- Experience in the IT, outsourcing, managed services provider or cloud computing industries would be an advantage
- Additional language(s) would be an advantage
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors