About the job
Energy Transfer is looking for an experienced Cybersecurity professional to assist with managing security tools, conducting investigations and incident response, following industry best practices. Our Cybersecurity Team is responsible for protecting both the business and its data while preventing, monitoring and reacting to Cyber threats. In this role, you will be expected to undertake complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge, all while making well-thoug ht out decisions on complex or ambiguous IT issues while ensuring complex IT solutions are successfully implemented.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyzes known and emerging threats to determine risks against company assets and takes action when and where needed to both proactively protect and respond to threats.
- Collaborates with OT and IT Teams, and others to implement and refine information security strategies that reflect best practices.
- Supports cyber security event investigations.
- Reviews industry guidance for cyber security, identifies gaps in cyber security controls and recommends/implements technical or administrative solutions to remediate.
- Reviews existing and new services/providers/architectures for compliance with established company standards and policies and recommends methods to correct.
- Regularly interacts with internal and external customers on security-related projects and operational tasks.
- Investigates and utilizes new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
- Develops documentation to support tools, proceses, investigations and incidents.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The Requirements For This Position Are Listed Below
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
2-5 years of progressively responsible roles in informat ion security including most, if not all, of the following (required):
- Incident handling and response
- Experience with the NIST CSF
- Experience with Anti-malware and EDR solutions
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to technically evaluate security technologies & provide security recommendations
- Experience with firewalls
- Familiarity with risk management methodologies
Required Experience Is Commensurate With The Selected Job Level
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivlanent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Experience with complex, multi-platform environments including SCADA and ICS
- Experience with Cisco’s security suite of products
- Familiarity with ITIL, NIST CSF, NIST SP800-82 & SP800-53
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10