Full Job Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist, Data Security Engineer
Amgen is searching for a Specialist Data Security Engineer covering Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technologies. This role will report to the Manager, Data Security. This position will provide essential services that enable us to better pursue our mission.
Specialist Data Security Engineers operate, manage, and improve Amgen’s DLP and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solutions. In our Data Security team, they will identify emerging risks related to changes in cloud technologies, advise management, and develop technical remediations to address those risks. Specialists lead the development of processes and procedures for multiple solutions which enable business units to remediate identify cloud data exposures. They run multiple projects simultaneously to implement and improve the cloud data security protections and use advanced analytics to demonstrate success.
This engineer will play a key role in educating and evangelizing to technologists and business leaders the security strategies that both protect and enable business processes related to cloud data handling.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Designs, operates, maintains, and enhances capabilities for the technical systems that ensure protection of data in the cloud for all Amgen global operations.
- Identifies new risk areas for cloud data and plans controls to mitigate those risks.
- Researches new technologies, processes, and approaches based on industry practices and recommends future plans for data protection.
- Authors procedures and guidelines and advises on policies related to data protection requirements and remediation or investigation of violations.
- Develops and conducts training on data protection technologies for operations staff. Educates business leadership about data risk.
- Advises other technology groups on data protection strategies and recommends appropriate points of both technical and process integration.
- Partners with the Manager of Data Security to liaise to legal and human resources leadership on violation remediations.
- Collaborates with cloud strategy leaders and business unit leadership to ensure that cloud data protection is incorporated by design into new business projects.
- Integrates cloud data protection technology into the operations of traditional Data Loss Prevention operations.
What we expect of you
Master’s degree and 2 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
- Familiarity with one or more security frameworks, especially in regulated environments.
- Holds or is actively seeking one or more security related certifications, preferably with a focus on cloud technologies or data protection.
- Proficiency specifying requirements for technical systems, as well as designing, implementing, and operating those systems.
- Expertise in global IT operations, including an understanding of regulatory and cultural differences encountered when dealing with international peers and customers.
- Demonstrated competence maintaining applications on Windows and Linux based operating systems, and basic understanding of one or more programming or scripting languages.
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more Cloud Access Security Platforms (Elastica, Netskope, SkyHigh,etc)
- Track record of project management leadership, preferably using Agile methodology.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of Data Protection, including availability, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Proficiency with communications focused on both the development of written technical processes and the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly in front of an audience.
- Experience with data analytics focused on building executive reports
- Reputation of successfully navigating large enterprise environments, understanding both ITIL driven processes and business relationship building
- Ability to self-direct work on multiple priorities with little to no oversight, based on strategic initiatives.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Security+
- SANS Certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
- Address Tampa, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20