About the job
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to make it a reality with remote work and hybrid work environments.
- We believe in an inclusive, diverse and barrier-free work environment which makes for empowered and committed employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families and also offer a variety of paid family leave programs.
- We are committed to employee development, offering tuition reimbursement and a variety of in-house learning and mentorship opportunities.
- We know that financial security is important. We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs, and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is non-negotiable. We offer excellent “paid time off” benefits for all employees.
- Great work deserves recognition. We have a robust recognition program, with ongoing and enhanced awards for exemplary performance.
How You Will Contribute
As a Solution Engineering & Introduction (SE&I) Engineer, you will support Ciena’s Next Generation Metro and Edge program along with Network Management and Cloud Applications portfolios. You will be a key technical contributor on the Solutions Engineering and Introduction group which is a customer-facing team, and in backend you will work directly with Product Engineering, Product Management, Sales Engineering and Solutions and Services organizations in bringing our cutting-edge solutions to market. Also in front end You will work directly with Ciena customers, helping them to solve their networking challenges and advance their business objectives with Ciena solutions.
- As technical prime, you will drive customer engagements which include product and solution proof of concepts, in-lab and in-field trials. In the process, you will capture product issues and customer requests for enhancements that could be embedded into upcoming releases.
- You will define, create, and validate customer technical presentations, networking and solutions test plans, and engineering guides – all vital technical documents to facilitate the understanding and introduction of new technology and/or products /solutions into customer networks.
- You will support global account teams with pre and post-sales engineering activities that include customer bids, technical consultation, solution/application evaluation and design, and other engineering Q&A support.
- You will develop and share your knowledge with other internal and Customer teams and communities – explaining architectures, capabilities, limitations, advantages in product positioning.
- You will based out of location where we have Lab and work as a product subject matter expert providing consultation to internal Ciena and our Customers .
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- Initiative – You’re a self-starter who works with limited direction and is committed to delivering against aggressive project deadlines from inception through to deployment.
- Attention to detail – able to meticulously execute test plans or method of procedure while thoroughly documenting results in a comprehensive matter.
- Agility – you thrive in high-pressure situations during lab activities and technical issue resolution. You multitask and readily adapt to changing environments, projects, priorities and business drivers.
- A sense of urgency – what’s important to the customer is equally important to you. You make getting things done a priority.
- Communication – the ability to work with customers and account teams to understand requirements and priorities, use your technical expertise to develop the optimal solution, and tailor your message, ideas and presentations to the audience to ensure understanding and agreement.
- The flexibility to work independently and as part of a broader team – you thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment, but are comfortable working independently as required.
- Relationship builder – with a proven ability to influence and work with others .
- A commitment to learning – you keep abreast of network security industry developments, constantly seeking for new ways to bring value to the work that you do.
The Must Haves
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent is desired with 15+yrs of experience in communications networks.This would be a handson role giving opportunity to learn and work on real telecommunication elements – building solution for Telecom Operators and GCNs .
- Experience with multiples of the following applications: PON, vBNG, WAG, CGNAT, Radius/AAA.
- Certification or working exp with hypervisor technologies, cloud computing, network function virtualization including containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, VMWare Tanzu, KVM, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds).
- Working exposure to Ethernet and IP networks is required viz network design, routing protocols, L2/L3 (BGP, OSPF, ISIS), MEF, and network security.
- Good to have understanding of Telco OSS ecosystem and ideally knowledge of one or more of the existing OSS provider’s products – Ciena MCP, Planet, Amdocs, Ericsson, Netcracker, Oracle, Nokia, ETI, etc.
- Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
- Excellent written, verbal, and data presentation communication skills.
- Ability to travel varying from a few days to a few weeks at a time to other Ciena facilities or Customer sites.t.
- Advantage if have experience on platforms with Ciena, Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Nokia, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience with Telecom Service Provider as well exposure to Telecom Product Companies.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.
- Address Maryland, USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5