You will be part of an advanced technology team assisting other developers with security tools and improving application security. Using effective communication skills, you will work alongside our development team and engage multiple project teams by working closely with them to achieve this goal and improve Southern Company’s risk profile. Part of the normal daily activity will be to assist developers remediate custom applications to correct security weaknesses. Additionally, this team member will work with the Security Applications and Enterprise Reuse team to plan and implement new solutions to support the application development community at Southern Company.
We are implementing a number of new technologies at Southern Company to assist with improving application security and need a team member to help support and evangelize this technology. The position offers tremendous opportunity to make a big impact in enabling our team and business partners.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred. Engineering degrees qualify.
- 2 years experience with .Net web application development preferred
- Champions software security findings by ensuring findings are produced, documented, prioritized, and addressed.
- Collaborate with developers, product, and design teams to remediate security findings
- Track progress of customer specific product improvements and measure impact
- Work with quality assurance individual/team to plan how to enable a more mature DevSecOps culture
- Collaborate with management on maintaining the long-term vision and roadmap
- Demonstrate the latest iteration of the products (SCA, endpoint scanning, etc.) to stakeholders
- Experience with several or all of Fortify, SonarQube, and Web Inspect
- Experience with .NET web application development sufficient to enable assisting developers with remediation questions
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of application security controls (OWASP)
- Experience with DevOps or DevSecOps
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Proactive, independent team member who is highly organized and interested in making a difference through individual contributions
- Experience with teamwork
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- Interest in artificial intelligence and advanced technologies
- Have a solid understanding of content design
- Self-motivated, team player, action and result-oriented
- Clear and excellent communication skills
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Accountable and creative worker
- Team player who can work with multiple teams
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO ) is America’s premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune’s annual World’s Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Information Technology
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to…): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters – 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
Req ID: SCS2010206
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5