Requisition ID: 139219
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you a Software Engineer who excels at full stack development? Do other developers look up to you as a lead and a mentor? Do you thrive in a complex, dynamic team environment? Kiewit Offshore Services is looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, innovative Software Delivery Team. We are seeking a highly talented, experienced Software Engineer that is passionate about creating our next generation of construction products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality, and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions that win over our customers.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation that builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550-acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employees who work in the yard year-round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight knit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep-sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast-paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team.
Location: position is based out of our Kiewit Offshore Services office in Ingleside TX
System & Product Design
- Considers the customer’s perspective and experiences when designing systems.
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
- Performs system design and specification development, program logic, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Participates in client interactions, along with the Lead Software Engineer and Architecture Teams, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Writes clean, well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high-quality solutions from vision to deployment and long-term product stability
- Role model to Kiewit Technology Group’s Values; Make us better, make someone’s job easier, and deliver measurable value
- Mentors more junior developers
- Ability to lead projects as needed
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering preferred
- 3+ years of Software Development experience with a focus on responsive web based applications
- 3+ years working with MVC, Razor Pages, React JS and/or Angular JS
- 3+ years working with relational databases including MS Sql
- 3+ years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience in building cloud-based web applications
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development
- Experience with UX and User Centric Design (UCD)
- Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Some travel may be required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Address Corpus Christi, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20