About the job
The IT Application Manager position will perform the following duties:
- Reports to the Director of Application Development and is responsible for the delivery of business application solutions under area of responsibility that are in alignment with the strategy, goals and objectives of PFG.
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and designs IT-related activities of his/her Application Development team, as well as provides administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the application development team.
- Works closely with business partners, project managers and other IT managers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Assists with the definition and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices as they relate to technology, architecture and solution development.
- Directs, approves and oversees the application development aspect for projects resourced by staff under management.
- Manages the development, upgrade, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and support of all IT applications under area of responsibility, including custom in-house applications and third party products.
- Works with stakeholders, business systems analysts and enterprise project management to understand and support business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Directs development work to insure timeliness and quality of work to meet project objectives.
- Manages IT staffing under area of responsibility, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures that resources are assigned to highest priority initiatives.
- Drives the success of our business through partnership with key leaders across the organization.
- Builds strong teams who can effectively function in a matrixed organization.
- Participates in IT strategic technology planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Appropriately challenges the status quo and brings forward new ideas, working in conjunction with the IT leadership team.
- Performs ROI & TCO analyses and creates business cases for technology initiatives.
- Manages financial aspects of the application development team, including purchasing, budget input and forecasting.
- Develops project estimates and provides input to cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiativesRisk Management:
- Responsbile for Risk Management of application team and technology under management.
- Ensures that proper Risk Managmenet techniques and mechanisms are followed by application team.
- Participates in and provides input to overall IT Risk Management. Problem solves and manages day to day issues. .
- Responsible for team’s compliance to all IT Policies, Processes and Procedures related to PM, SDLC and Sarbanes Oxley for team’s application development activities.
- Provides input to and implements IT policies and procedures for the application development team, including those for data and application architecture, coding standards, software standards, testing processes, change management, application security, application disaster recovery, and Level 3 service provisioning.
- Ensures that team members consistently follow Enterprise Project Delivery Policies, PM Processes & Procedures, SDLC Processes & Procedures, and use project delivery tools and tracking mechanisms.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
4-6 years information technology application development with team lead or supervisory experience.
- Address Lebanon, TN, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10