About the job
Basic Job Functions:
- This position is based at our manufacturing facility in Perrysburg, OH*
The Software Developer Engineer in Test possesses a quality-first mindset and is focused on all aspects of quality in their applications. This team member is responsible for improving quality through the creation and maintaining of processes, solutions, and automation frameworks for our manufacturing centric software. They have strong developer skills and possess a passion for automated testing, driving manual steps and errors out of the process. They are able to contribute to application code while ensuring high quality standards and the maintainability of the code. They can go deep through the full code stack and comprehend the business relevance of the applications, ensuring quality throughout.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering with four years of related work experience or two years of First Solar IT Experience,
- Eight years equivalent external related work experience or six years of First Solar IT experience.
- 4+ years in either manufacturing systems or on software development teams using Microsoft .NET technologies strongly preferred.
- 6+ months of experience interfacing with manufacturing control systems, shop floor interface/automation systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), or OPC data transfer is a plus.
- Self-driven, with a strong quality and development background and familiarity with test automation.
- Experience writing and executing complex functional and system level test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks.
- Experience incorporating test automation in CI/CD pipelines is a must. Experience doing this in Azure DevOps Pipelines is preferred.
- Designing data structures and using/configuring/querying SQL Server databases.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Git, YAML, and deploying via Pipelines is preferred.
- Experience with Service Fabric is preferred.
- Experience with Angular and AngularJS is preferred.
- Experience with Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0 is a plus.
- Experience in simulation/emulation using Digital Twin platform is a plus.
- Proven experience with software development life cycle, Agile teams, change management process, and version control packages.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Logical troubleshooting.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Global experience providing tier three support in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Drive test and quality efforts from planning and development to execution and delivery.
- Lead in developing effective test strategies.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering team members to develop automation processes and plans.
- Develop and implement automated tests in CI/CD processes.
- Establish quality and test automation best practices and standards, evangelize to and train global team in adoption of these practices, establish governance models to ensure standards are followed.
- Write clear and concise test cases.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Capable of writing UI as well as API automated tests.
- Implement security, performance, and load testing.
- Work within agile teams to deliver quality solutions.
- Document recurring issues and present possible solutions.
- Interface and collaborate with other departments.
- Exercise effective communications levels and foster team building.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
- Undertakes complete design of automation tests. Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems, focusing on maintaining quality. Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
- Makes meaningful contributions to code bases as needed. Though primary focus is on quality and test automation, does not preclude improving software in other ways and completing items in the backlog.
- Participate in design, code, and architectural reviews.
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects.
- Undertakes analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application, and executes specialized tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product, or application area.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, i.e. evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation. Uses available resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant IT field. Reports on work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working. Within own sphere of influence, works to further organizational goals, using emerging technologies and products. Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organization.
- Provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Applies data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Designs, codes, tests, correct, and documents solutions, and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
- Investigates problems in systems and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company. company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Address Perrysburg, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10