About the job
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Software Application Developer – II should have a good understanding of the software platform and programming languages in reporting (Tableau). The incumbent will possess ability to learn new technology quickly and continually improve their technical skills. This role will also focus on the development of software solutions with moderate guidance from Lead/Senior developers.
- Build dashboard, report, data source, SQL queries, calculated fields with Tableau Desktop
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Online Server
- Responsible for SAP HANA modeling using various Calculation Views/dimensions and SQL Scripting, utilizing the advanced features like table functions
- Develop and test the assigned tasks to meet the appropriate requirements as per the software design
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
- Assist in documenting required technical artifacts as needed during the project life cycle
- Participate in code reviews to ensure coding standards and best practices are followed
- Work with cross-functional teams and communicate with the stakeholders
- Supports resolutions of defects during system testing, UAT
- Perform demos of the software to the team, receive and incorporate feedbacks
- Align with IT processes and security standards while executing the tasks
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Information Technology/Computer Science) or its equivalent in a related field is typically preferred. AA/AS may be preferred
Years of experience: 2-4 years of related professional work experience may be preferred to complete all essential job functions
- At least 2 years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau.
- Experience in demonstrable with evidence of using a combination of user interface reporting tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
Other Unique Job-relevant Attributes
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, able to write simple queries to create calculated fields
- Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization
- Hands on with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management, SQL queries, calculated fields)
- Basic knowledge of latest software platforms/languages, cloud technologies
- Basic understanding of SDLC, software methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication (verbal / written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility
- Ability to work independently with some guidance and collaboratively with others
- Breadth of Scope: Scope is typically within a single functional area or work team. May work across or interact/coordinate with multiple functions. The impact is generally limited to the functional area(s) supported.
- Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Regularly communicates both in writing and verbally. Explains ideas and thoughts and communicates with internal and external customers related to a work function. May communicate with others in addition to customers. Information exchanged generally requires basic knowledge. Minimal levels of influence and persuasion are required.
- Complexity: Generally, applies theoretical knowledge of the functional discipline to understand and handle routine challenges or problems. Works within established procedures to handle routine matters specific to the job and function.
- Decision-Making Authority: Decisions are governed by established policies and procedures within normal job duties based on prior similar situations and precedents. Seeks guidance and decision-making from supervisor or lead for exceptions.
- Financial Accountability: Decisions made may impact profit or loss however decisions are governed by organizational policies and not personal independent actions.
- Strategic Influence: Does not impact strategic and operational planning and execution.
What We Offer
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Functional Area: Information Technology
- Address Deerfield, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5