Dowhas an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Defense Analystin Dow’s Cyber Defense Team based out ofMidland, MI! This role reports up through the Security Operations Manager and is responsible for incident triage, monitoring and response innovation, basic forensics, and coordinating in response activities. Members of the Cyber Defense Team are expected to be collaborative, self-starting, open to learning, creative, and to participate in an off-hours page out rotation.
A sample of daily tasks could include, but is not limited to:
- Handling escalations and response actions for existing incidents.
- Developing and documenting new monitoring techniques and response capabilities.
- Researching vulnerabilities and hacking utilities to harden environment.
- Learning new technical disciplines both in teams and individually.
- Teach other members of the team on topics of expertise.
- Harvesting threat intelligence and converting it to actionable content.
- Participate in table-top exercises, ethical hacking, and event triage preparation.
- Hunting for risk in the environment and relating findings to actionable activities.
- Educating employees on individualized threats and/or impact of incidents.
Applicants are expected to have a strong foundation in computing concepts, TCP/IP and OSI Model, operating systems design, and application coding/scripting. Incident response and escalated monitoring situations may require additional time commitment outside of a standard work day. Exposure to and a passion for the cyber security field is a critical success factor given the depth of technical detail involved, high performance culture, and expectations around mitigating risk while minimizing business impact.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree OR 4+ years of relevant military experience is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of IT experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Prior security operations experience is preferred.
- Security Certifications desired.
- Experience in MS Office, Database (SIEM Experience), Powershell, Python, TCP/IP Fundamentals, Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), and Computer Hardware Maintenance is preferred.
Note: Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
- Address Midland, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors